NuCAU Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm

A place to talk NuCAU related stuff Smile

Looking at both NuCAU and CAU Quantum while they're both awesome I have noticed as of late that NuCAU seem to be more lighter when compared to Quantum which, thanks to the introduction of Quantum, Dracula, The Emperor, and Slenderman, have reached a dark route. Not depressing dark but still pretty intense</P>
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Legato wrote:<P>A place to talk NuCAU related stuff<IMG border=0 src="http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif" smilieid="2"></P>
<P>Looking at both NuCAU and CAU Quantum while they're both awesome I have noticed as of late that NuCAU seem to be more lighter when compared to Quantum which, thanks to the introduction of Quantum, Dracula, The Emperor, and Slenderman, have reached a dark route. Not depressing dark but still pretty intense</P>

Penelope says hi. Laughing
Me and Froggy are working on a vampire story in Humble Beginnings too.
But overall, yeah, at least so far. Wink
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Chou Blaster on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Well I pretty much made my own version of Super Man. (He has weaknesses, just working on the limits.)

But yeah, I have noticed that about CAU.

Chou Blaster

Posts : 820
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 32
Location : The Dreaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Comic Companies In NuCAU

Majestic Comics
It once started out as Legend Comics in 1939 then changed to Majestic Comics around 1969. It was founded by Nathan Grant and now his son Vincent Grant runs the company, Vincent took what was a small pulp comics company and evolved it into the empire it is today. What helped was he started introducing characterization and personal problems to a greater extent than had ever been done with superheroes.The universe is also tied to the real world to a much greater extent than those of All-Star or other companies. Superhero characters don't live in a fictional city and the majority of the plots are based off of real life events; for example, The Statesman(Captain America Homage) plots revolve around the Cold War. Also as the character development of the superheroes grow so do their age. For instance Arachnia(Spider-Man Homage. Also the first super-heroine to have a solo title, she started out around 1979) started out as a teenager in high school but then graduated and went off to college.

All-Star Comics

It began in 1937 as a pulp comics company that publish Science Fiction stories then branched out into adventure themed stories. The most popular one was The Danger Adventures featuring adventurer Sam Danger that proved popular in the 40's. As the company started to grow they branched out their story genres even further by incorporating western, horror, comedy, crime/mystery, fantasy, and even romance stories and have started to have their stories have some connection with another story in one form or another. They even included more superhero elements and characters.

Recently All-Star Comics evolved beyond what it originally was, while it still remain with it's original intent by providing stories that astonish it's readers their stories are more modern age. To be specific it's more of a reconstruction of the superhero genre.

Note: Basically it's Majestic(Marvel), All-Star(DC) Smile
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 am

Legato wrote:Comic Companies In NuCAU

Majestic Comics
It once started out as Legend Comics in 1939 then changed to Majestic Comics around 1969. It was founded by Nathan Grant and now his son Vincent Grant runs the company, Vincent took what was a small pulp comics company and evolved it into the empire it is today. What helped was he started introducing characterization and personal problems to a greater extent than had ever been done with superheroes.The universe is also tied to the real world to a much greater extent than those of All-Star or other companies. Superhero characters don't live in a fictional city and the majority of the plots are based off of real life events; for example, The Statesman(Captain America Homage) plots revolve around the Cold War. Also as the character development of the superheroes grow so do their age. For instance Arachnia(Spider-Man Homage. Also the first super-heroine to have a solo title, she started out around 1979) started out as a teenager in high school but then graduated and went off to college.

All-Star Comics

It began in 1937 as a pulp comics company that publish Science Fiction stories then branched out into adventure themed stories. The most popular one was The Danger Adventures featuring adventurer Sam Danger that proved popular in the 40's. As the company started to grow they branched out their story genres even further by incorporating western, horror, comedy, crime/mystery, fantasy, and even romance stories and have started to have their stories have some connection with another story in one form or another. They even included more superhero elements and characters.

Recently All-Star Comics evolved beyond what it originally was, while it still remain with it's original intent by providing stories that astonish it's readers their stories are more modern age. To be specific it's more of a reconstruction of the superhero genre.

Note: Basically it's Majestic(Marvel), All-Star(DC) Smile

Smile
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am

Legato wrote:Comic Companies In NuCAU

Majestic Comics
It once started out as Legend Comics in 1939 then changed to Majestic Comics around 1969. It was founded by Nathan Grant and now his son Vincent Grant runs the company, Vincent took what was a small pulp comics company and evolved it into the empire it is today. What helped was he started introducing characterization and personal problems to a greater extent than had ever been done with superheroes.The universe is also tied to the real world to a much greater extent than those of All-Star or other companies. Superhero characters don't live in a fictional city and the majority of the plots are based off of real life events; for example, The Statesman(Captain America Homage) plots revolve around the Cold War. Also as the character development of the superheroes grow so do their age. For instance Arachnia(Spider-Man Homage. Also the first super-heroine to have a solo title, she started out around 1979) started out as a teenager in high school but then graduated and went off to college.

All-Star Comics

It began in 1937 as a pulp comics company that publish Science Fiction stories then branched out into adventure themed stories. The most popular one was The Danger Adventures featuring adventurer Sam Danger that proved popular in the 40's. As the company started to grow they branched out their story genres even further by incorporating western, horror, comedy, crime/mystery, fantasy, and even romance stories and have started to have their stories have some connection with another story in one form or another. They even included more superhero elements and characters.

Recently All-Star Comics evolved beyond what it originally was, while it still remain with it's original intent by providing stories that astonish it's readers their stories are more modern age. To be specific it's more of a reconstruction of the superhero genre.

Note: Basically it's Majestic(Marvel), All-Star(DC) Smile


Just without the insanity of either.


Seriously man, Superior Spider-Man.

Why?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 am

Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:Comic Companies In NuCAU

Majestic Comics
It once started out as Legend Comics in 1939 then changed to Majestic Comics around 1969. It was founded by Nathan Grant and now his son Vincent Grant runs the company, Vincent took what was a small pulp comics company and evolved it into the empire it is today. What helped was he started introducing characterization and personal problems to a greater extent than had ever been done with superheroes.The universe is also tied to the real world to a much greater extent than those of All-Star or other companies. Superhero characters don't live in a fictional city and the majority of the plots are based off of real life events; for example, The Statesman(Captain America Homage) plots revolve around the Cold War. Also as the character development of the superheroes grow so do their age. For instance Arachnia(Spider-Man Homage. Also the first super-heroine to have a solo title, she started out around 1979) started out as a teenager in high school but then graduated and went off to college.

All-Star Comics

It began in 1937 as a pulp comics company that publish Science Fiction stories then branched out into adventure themed stories. The most popular one was The Danger Adventures featuring adventurer Sam Danger that proved popular in the 40's. As the company started to grow they branched out their story genres even further by incorporating western, horror, comedy, crime/mystery, fantasy, and even romance stories and have started to have their stories have some connection with another story in one form or another. They even included more superhero elements and characters.

Recently All-Star Comics evolved beyond what it originally was, while it still remain with it's original intent by providing stories that astonish it's readers their stories are more modern age. To be specific it's more of a reconstruction of the superhero genre.

Note: Basically it's Majestic(Marvel), All-Star(DC) Smile


Just without the insanity of either.


Seriously man, Superior Spider-Man.

Why?

Oh we both know they'll scrap it the minute the Amazing Spider-Man sequel hits theaters. No worries.
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 am

Schools in NuCAU

Halworth Institute- Of Course

Silverview Academy



A prestigious academy where magically gifted or Magi-Humans are taught spellcraft, alchemy, and spirit summoning. The Headmaster who runs it is Duncan Craft
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Froggy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 am

So I don't usually ask for this but

how about a rundown of the NCAU characters I've done that you've liked so far, and why?

I enjoy the world building part of these RPG's and doing it in several different threads to make the NCAU-verse, so I'd like to know your favorites of the ones I've made, and if any guys you'd like to see more of

Personally, I like what I did with Psyche, Burst, Bruiser and Vindalee in Penelope's arc, and would like to expand upon the fight Astroman had with Atomix someday, as that would be pretty cool to see
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Chou Blaster on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I like all the work you do Froggy, your a cool guy in my book. (So is everyone else here, by my standards.)

Chou Blaster

Posts : 820
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 32
Location : The Dreaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Froggy wrote:So I don't usually ask for this but

how about a rundown of the NCAU characters I've done that you've liked so far, and why?

I enjoy the world building part of these RPG's and doing it in several different threads to make the NCAU-verse, so I'd like to know your favorites of the ones I've made, and if any guys you'd like to see more of

Personally, I like what I did with Psyche, Burst, Bruiser and Vindalee in Penelope's arc, and would like to expand upon the fight Astroman had with Atomix someday, as that would be pretty cool to see

Always like what you've done with your characters Froggy and glad that you guys like NuCAU.

What makes CAU, either it's Nu, Prime, Or Quantum good is that it provides a roleplayer the chance to grow and expand their own universe without the restrictions and limitations of a Marvel or DC RPG, eventhough those are good also. Looking forward to Atomix/Astroman also
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Chou Blaster on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm

As for me:

After the Team Justice/Crossover Supreme will go back to being a "solo" title in Metro City, if you get my drift.

An the Hob is coming, eventually, lo and behold! The Collector of Worlds!

Aside that I was thinking of doing some story board stuff. (Besides Supreme, I was thinking of giving Tony the Chirdian more screen time.)

Also in Space/Cosmic I am going to have my "Ultima Adventure/Journery" characters shwo up, besides Forte.

Who is one of them you ask? Uriel.. Who is DEATH. (Literally, immortal swords man, has to pay up redemption for his sins, so he may go to heaven to be with his beloved.)

Another is Jin. A space pirate who steals damn near anything he wants. Especially the hearts of beautiful ladies, if you get my drift.

Also in Story Board, is was thinking of doing stories with Drifters/Creation Cycle/ and my other mecha series. Since they do not have said rpgs.

Chou Blaster

Posts : 820
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 32
Location : The Dreaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Once things are settled in Quantum I have a few adventure ideas of my own.

Mind Over Matter: Astroman is in a battle of wits against The Celestial Puppeteer, think of a cross between a Time Lord and Myxy but nastier.

Death Takes A Holiday: Exactly as it says on a tin. Because she can!! But she gives a special individual in NuCAU to assume the role as Death in the NuCAU Universe while she's away. Astrowoman

Camp Power Pack: Cody and Elizabeth Chase enter a camp for super-powered beings. The kids started to have bad dreams and the Chase Twins soon discover that the dreams started to enter the world of reality.

Strongest Woman In The Universe: A Warrior Empress summoned all of the strongest females from their respective planets and put them in a tournament to see whose, what the arc title said. Xian Chase, Ms. Universe, and some of her fellow heroines are summoned in a contest of champions like tournament. Soon they start to discover that the empress has a hidden agenda.

Race of A Lifetime: The annual race between Lightspeed and Astroman begins. The world watches with anticipation to see if the ultimate question is discovered. Just who is the fastest man in the world! An old enemy from Lightspeed's past wants to put that question to the test.

The Hunt Is On: An intergalactic hunter hunts down it's biggest prey. Astroman

Ragaru( For The Haunt Is On Mini-Arc)
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/123/e/8/The_Iron_Being_by_Ragaru.jpg

His ship

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/336/0/1/Weekly_Theme__Alien_Satellite_by_Ragaru.jpg


The Sandman(For the mini-arc involving Cody and Elizabeth)
http://ragaru.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d2e68ny

As far as Storyboard goes. More Jubilee Vlogs and I'll just use the Angel Enigma Arc for NuCAU in Storyboard to make things easier. Also continuing The Antagonist story.

avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Froggy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

aw i was hoping we could continue the angel enigma thing, wanted to see where that went!

esp with splitside involved!
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Froggy wrote:aw i was hoping we could continue the angel enigma thing, wanted to see where that went!

esp with splitside involved!

Ok I'll keep it where it is since you're interested Smile Just you know it will be when some of the arcs in Quantum is done.
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Legato wrote:Once things are settled in Quantum I have a few adventure ideas of my own.

Mind Over Matter: Astroman is in a battle of wits against The Celestial Puppeteer, think of a cross between a Time Lord and Myxy but nastier.

Death Takes A Holiday: Exactly as it says on a tin. Because she can!! But she gives a special individual in NuCAU to assume the role as Death in the NuCAU Universe while she's away. Astrowoman

Camp Power Pack: Cody and Elizabeth Chase enter a camp for super-powered beings. The kids started to have bad dreams and the Chase Twins soon discover that the dreams started to enter the world of reality.

Strongest Woman In The Universe: A Warrior Empress summoned all of the strongest females from their respective planets and put them in a tournament to see whose, what the arc title said. Xian Chase, Ms. Universe, and some of her fellow heroines are summoned in a contest of champions like tournament. Soon they start to discover that the empress has a hidden agenda.

Race of A Lifetime: The annual race between Lightspeed and Astroman begins. The world watches with anticipation to see if the ultimate question is discovered. Just who is the fastest man in the world! An old enemy from Lightspeed's past wants to put that question to the test.

The Hunt Is On: An intergalactic hunter hunts down it's biggest prey. Astroman

Ragaru( For The Haunt Is On Mini-Arc)
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/123/e/8/The_Iron_Being_by_Ragaru.jpg

His ship

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/336/0/1/Weekly_Theme__Alien_Satellite_by_Ragaru.jpg


The Sandman(For the mini-arc involving Cody and Elizabeth)
http://ragaru.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d2e68ny

As far as Storyboard goes. More Jubilee Vlogs and I'll just use the Angel Enigma Arc for NuCAU in Storyboard to make things easier. Also continuing The Antagonist story.


Neat! Very Happy
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I have come up with a way to tie Drusilla into Duchesse's war with Moriarty. Very Happy
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Admin wrote:I have come up with a way to tie Drusilla into Duchesse's war with Moriarty. Very Happy

Lay it on me Smile

Also concerning MAGIC think of The Breakfast Club but with Magical Girls. That and while it's apart of NuCAU it will be set in a different city when compared to the other cities already mentioned in NuCAU.
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Admin wrote:I have come up with a way to tie Drusilla into Duchesse's war with Moriarty. Very Happy

Okay so we have Drusilla accepting an assignment to retrieve an item, not sure what that is yet, from the thief Red Mantis.
Duchess meanwhile is going to be dealing with the serial killer Jack the Ripper.
Both complete their missions and villains and go on to more things.

After some more story arcs for both, things start getting intense for Duchess. She's dealing with gas bombings, kidnappings, disappearances, riots in prisons and asylums etc.
S-t is going down.
All the while, she suspects that this isn't just villainy and criminals, there is something more to this. In a later arc, she finally manages to beat information out of one of the criminals, a name: Moriarty.
As she continues to look into this, people start trying to kill her.
After a few more battles, an expert is called in: Drusilla.
Her assassination attempts come close to killing Duchess and the battles between the two are just crazy.
Finally, the two end up in a duel with each other and lose their weapons. They instantly go at it H2H.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9DFMFUiKcY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41FCMkOFnQ
After a hard battle, Duchess wins and brings down Dru. She obviously knows that Drusilla was hired by Moriarty and beats the information out of her but Dru confesses she never met Moriarty personally, only that the employer was using the alias M and that Dru was hired by a proxy.

Drusilla is taken in by LION and she is locked up in the Pin for some time before the LION execs decide to make use of her and bring her into The Order.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:I have come up with a way to tie Drusilla into Duchesse's war with Moriarty. Very Happy

Lay it on me Smile

Also concerning MAGIC think of The Breakfast Club but with Magical Girls. That and while it's apart of NuCAU it will be set in a different city when compared to the other cities already mentioned in NuCAU.

Sweet. Very Happy
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:19 pm

BTW posted a RP in the Firewolf thread Smile Also one in the Season 8 thread
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:I have come up with a way to tie Drusilla into Duchesse's war with Moriarty. Very Happy

Okay so we have Drusilla accepting an assignment to retrieve an item, not sure what that is yet, from the thief Red Mantis.
Duchess meanwhile is going to be dealing with the serial killer Jack the Ripper.
Both complete their missions and villains and go on to more things.

After some more story arcs for both, things start getting intense for Duchess. She's dealing with gas bombings, kidnappings, disappearances, riots in prisons and asylums etc.
S-t is going down.
All the while, she suspects that this isn't just villainy and criminals, there is something more to this. In a later arc, she finally manages to beat information out of one of the criminals, a name: Moriarty.
As she continues to look into this, people start trying to kill her.
After a few more battles, an expert is called in: Drusilla.
Her assassination attempts come close to killing Duchess and the battles between the two are just crazy.
Finally, the two end up in a duel with each other and lose their weapons. They instantly go at it H2H.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9DFMFUiKcY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41FCMkOFnQ
After a hard battle, Duchess wins and brings down Dru. She obviously knows that Drusilla was hired by Moriarty and beats the information out of her but Dru confesses she never met Moriarty personally, only that the employer was using the alias M and that Dru was hired by a proxy.

Drusilla is taken in by LION and she is locked up in the Pin for some time before the LION execs decide to make use of her and bring her into The Order.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 am

Just for fun....

Gryphon and Sparrow vs Song and Nathan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRpnxUfuQY
Razz
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Froggy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 am

"yeah keep the angel enigma thing" says froggy before going MIA for a month or two

smh at myself
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Legato on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:54 am

Froggy wrote:"yeah keep the angel enigma thing" says froggy before going MIA for a month or two

smh at myself
Oh don't worry. After a lot of convincing I kept it Cool
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: NuCAU Discussion Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum