ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Spider-Man Begins

power_settings_newLogin to reply
3 posters

descriptionSpider-Man Begins EmptySpider-Man Begins

more_horiz

descriptionSpider-Man Begins EmptyRe: Spider-Man Begins

more_horiz
Peter Parker walked off of the school bus and adjusted his backpack as he walked into Midtown High. So far so good, no sign of Flash. (Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and he's skipping today.)

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Peter Parker walked off of the school bus and adjusted his backpack as he walked into Midtown High. So far so good, no sign of Flash. (Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and he's skipping today.)

Of course, Peter was proven wrong a second later as he was walking into the school and was punched in the face, causing him to fall on his back. "How's it going down there Parker?" Flash taunted.
"Flash." Peter wiped his mouth with his hand.
"Hey come on man, let me give you a hand." Flash said. Peter, already knowing it was coming anyway, decided he might as well get it over with and held his hand only for Flash to immediately shove him back down to the ground. Peter started getting up when Flash's friends shoved him aside and laughed with him as they went to class. Peter sighed and walked to the bathroom to rinse his mouth out with some water and get a paper towel. He washed his mouth and spit out a bit of blood, but other than that he was fine and no teeth were broken. Peter made sure his glasses were okay before crumpling up the towel and throwing it in the garbage and heading to class. Now for the highlight of his day, sitting next to Gwen Stacy in Math Class.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/351/f/1/gwen_stacy_marker_by_cbei-d5odvl2.jpg
"Hi."
"Hey Pe-what the hell happened to you?"
"I'll give you three guesses."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Now for the highlight of his day, sitting next to Gwen Stacy in Math Class.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/351/f/1/gwen_stacy_marker_by_cbei-d5odvl2.jpg
"Hi."
"Hey Pe-what the hell happened to you?"
"I'll give you three guesses."

"Flash." She shook her head. "He's such a punk."
"Yeah. Anyway, we're getting the tests back today."
"Oh yes, thank you for reminding me."
"My pleasure."

The teacher passed back the tests. Gwen checked her grade and sighed with relief, an A. Peter had an A+ of course. The two high-five. Like bosses. "Thanks for the study session." Gwen said.
"My pleasure Miss Stacy."
"Hey! Save it for the Football Games you two!"
Embarassed
The class got a laugh out of that. "Alright, alright, quiet down everybody: Let's get to work. Time for some College Level Algebra!"
"Wait what?" Gwen asked.

After class, Gwen's head was spinning. "College...Algebra....what?"

"Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised too." Peter agreed.

"Why are we doing college level work in High School?"
"Maybe to get us ready for College ahead of time?"
"We're still freshmen!"
"Way ahead of time then."
Gwen threw up her hands. "Well.....just going to have to buckle down and work it."
Peter raised an eyebrow.
Gwen noticed. "On it! Work ON it!" Embarassed
"Less awkward."
Gwen gave him a friendly punch in the arm.

Science Class. The teacher cleared her throat. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a special announcement: We will be taking a field trip tour of the Oscorp Labs and their current project, a race of genetically modified super spiders!"

Flash rolled his eyes of course but Peter was interested.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Science Class. The teacher cleared her throat. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a special announcement: We will be taking a field trip tour of the Oscorp Labs and their current project, a race of genetically modified super spiders!"
Flash rolled his eyes of course but Peter was interested.

Peter took out a paper pad and started writing down notes and tried to ignore Flash kicking his chair.
"Now then students, we are going to be guests at OsCorp so I want you all to be on your best behavior.....especially you Eugene Thompson!"
Flash stopped and looked down as the student's laughed. He hated his real name. Peter couldn't help but smile, glad to see Flash put in his place for a change. "The field trip is tomorrow. We'll meet here at school and then go to the labs. Now of course, I want you all to be very close attention because every one of you will be turning in a three page report on what you learned on the trip." The teacher handed out papers. "When you get home have your parents or guardians sign these forms so that you can go on the trip."
Peter smiled, knowing that Aunt May and Uncle Ben would be happy to sign something that would further his education.
Flash just stuffed his into his backpack.

"And with that out of the way, let's begin class!"

On the way out, Flash pushed past Peter. Peter pushed up his glasses and walked away.
After a few more crazy classes, it was time for lunch.
Peter had gotten his food and was heading outside to find a quiet place to eat when he saw a circle of students yelling and cheering. (Oh great what's he doing now?)

Peter set his food down on a table, took out a case for his glasses and put them inside and then closed it up and put it back in his pockets and walked over. Peter had a bit of trouble seeing without them, his vision was blurry. Still, as he pushed his way through the crowd, he saw exactly what was going on. Flash was holding a kid upside down and pushing his face into his lunch food. Flash was laughing at the smaller boy and the crowd of his friends was cheering him on. "Come on geek, eat up!" Flash laughed.
"Let him go Flash."
Flash burst out laughing. "Hey puny Parker, take a picture for me!"
"No."
"Come on dweeb, do it!"
"I'm not taking any pictures Flash now let him go!"
"I'm not doing s-t, now take the damn picture!"
"I said let him go Eugene!" Peter yelled at him.
Flash turned and threw the kid down to the ground and then walked over to Peter. "You want to repeat that?"
"E to the U to the G to ENE."
Flash struck Peter across the face and knocked him to the ground. Peter yelled out in pain as Flash on top of Peter and began laying him into him with Peter only barely able to shield himself with his hands and even then Flash hit him repeatedly. He then stood up and dragged Peter up with him and then flung him against the table and punched Peter again.

Gwen had finally gotten herself some good food and was walking over when she heard all the yelling and cheering. The moment she heard the names Peter and Flash, she dropped her tray and ran over, pushing her way through the crowd. One of Flash's hands grabbed her and tried to hold her back but she got free and saw Peter down on the ground with Flash kicking him in the stomach. "STAY DOWN PARKER!" Flash yelled out and then spit on him. He held up his hands and his friends cheered. "Who's next huh? Who else? Who wants to take on the champ?"
He got his answer when Gwen walked right up and smacked him across the face as hard as she could, causing Flash to stumble to the side and hold his face.

"Bastard! What the HELL is your problem Thompson?!" She yelled at him.

Flash glared and turned and raised his hand to strike her but Gwen stood her ground. "I'm not scared of you coward."

Flash lowered his hand and walked past her. "You aren't worth it Stacy."

His friends cheered him on regardless and congratulated him as Flash walked off. Gwen immediately turned her attention to Peter. "Pete.....Peter can you hear me?"
Peter wiped the blood from his mouth, his face was bruised from the fight. "Heyyyy you. Thanks." He fumbled for his glasses and pulled them out and put them back on to get a better look at her. "Hi Gwen."
"Peter, oh my God....we-we have to get you to the nurse! Can you stand?" Peter tried to get up and fell back down. "Just-just give me a minute here." He took a few painful breaths. "Hey! Hey you......you alright?"
The young boy who had been seeing all this happen got up and wiped his eyes. "I've been better.....thank you. Can I help you up?"
"I'd like that." Peter smiled as he and Gwen helped Peter up and supported him on the way to the nurse. "By the way....I'm Gordon."
"Peter Parker. This is Gwen Stacy. She has a right hook."
"You can joke after you're better." Gwen said.

more_horiz
Intrigued where this is going. Although one small thing. While Flash, at the time, was a dick towards Pete he does have a few Pet The Dog moments concerning Gwen Stacy so I don't see him as the type that would try to hit her TBH.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Intrigued where this is going. Although one small thing. While Flash, at the time, was a dick towards Pete he does have a few Pet The Dog moments concerning Gwen Stacy so I don't see him as the type that would try to hit her TBH.

Yeah, I'm still working on a few things with this, but I do promise that once the initial stuff is finally out of the way, the heroism and character developments will start for everyone.
Especially when Peter saves Flash and Gwen from a certain nutjob.
http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Cletus_Kasady_%28Earth-194111%29_2.jpg
Waaaaay before his Carnage days of course.
Just planting the seeds of their rivalry early considering Current Flash. Wink

more_horiz
Peter got cleaned up at the nurse's office. "Well, bright side is my glasses aren't busted and I have an excuse to miss gym." He tried to smile.

"I'm sorry." Gordon said.

"It's not your fault. I knew exactly what would happen when I stepped in." He shook Gordon's hand. "Anyway, I'm gonna lay here for a little while. I'll see you guys tomorrow at the labs."

Gordon walked out.

"I'll talk to the Principal." Gwen said. "Are you going to be okay here?"
"I just need a nap and I'll be peachy. Nice slap."
"I try. Um..." She kissed Peter's forehead. "Get well soon Peter. I'll see you later."
Peter gave her a thumb's up as she walked out.

Reaching for his backpack, he unzipped it and pulled out a book to read while he rested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Captainamerica1.jpg

Later,

Peter was sitting on the bleachers of gym when the school Principal walked in. He took one look at Peter and then turned his attention back to the students. "Eugene Thompson?"

"Er, yes?" Flash said as he walked over.

"Assaulting two students and holding one upside down while he is simply trying to eat his lunch. ONE WEEK DETENTION!"

Flash glared at Peter before turning back to the Principal and walking out of the gym with him.

Peter smiled and relaxed. Sure his head hurt but at least Flash got what he deserved.

Even later,

Peter hi fived Gwen as they were walking out of the school. "You're awesome."
"Gordon came forward too. In fact, he was there before I was."
"Thanks again for stepping in there."
"You don't give yourself enough credit: You stepped in too."
"I didn't do a lot of good."
"You stood up against a bad guy and helped someone, that's all anyone can ask of you."
"I guess."
Gwen gave him a gentle pat on the back. "See you Pete."
"Goodbye Gwen." Peter waved as they walked off.

Arriving home, Peter stretched. "Hoooome sweeet hooooome!"
"Welcome home Pete-." Uncle Ben stopped when he saw him. "It's not as bad as it looks."
"God Peter, what happened?"
"Well...."

"So that's it. I'm Flash free for a week." Peter said.
His Aunt May hugged him gently. "You are so brave Peter."
"You did the right thing Peter." Uncle Ben agreed.
"Thanks."
"So, this is Thompson kid, you want us to have a stern talk with him?" Ben asked.
"Nah, the school's taken care of it. Just let it go." Peter said. "I just want to get a shower and get some rest.....oh!" Peter reached into his backpack and pulled out the papers. "Please sign this."

Uncle Ben and Aunt May looked over the paper and smiled. "After the day you've had, you deserve a nice trip like this. Of course we'll sign it." Aunt May said and the two signed it.

Peter hugged his Aunt and Uncle. "Thank you both so much! You have no idea what this means to me!"

"A good grade?" Ben joked.

"Well, yeah, that too...but, it's the OsCorp Labs? How often do you get to go in there?" Peter grinned. He took the papers and ran upstairs.

"He's a good kid May."
"You've raised him well Ben."

After safely putting the paper away, Peter took care of his homework and then grabbed a shower and went to bed. It had been a rough day, but things were finally looking up for Peter Parker.

The next day....

Peter was still feeling sore from yesterday, but he hurried and got dressed, eager to get ready for the field trip. He brushed his teeth, washed his hair, cleaned his glasses, put on his best clothes and ran downstairs.

Uncle Ben smiled and looked up. "Well you're up early!"

"I wanted to get a head start on the day!" Peter said and poured himself a glass of orange juice and got some toast. "I tell you Uncle Ben, today's the day. Things are going to start getting better. I can feel it."

"That's the spirit kiddo." Ben laughed. "Just remember don't stay out too long, we're painting the kitchen today."

"You've gotta deal Uncle Ben! Don't start up without me!" Peter called back to him as he grabbed his lunch from Aunt May.

"And don't start up with me." Ben joked and gave him a thumb's up and a wink. Peter returned it, gave his Aunt May a kiss on the cheek and ran outside.

"He's a bundle of energy today."

"Teenagers." Ben shook his head. "Raging hormones that never change." He laughed to himself and read the newspaper.

Peter made it onto the bus and smiled as he stared out the window. Today was going to be awesome.

Peter was proven right when none of Flash's friends gave him any trouble at the door. He was able to get to class with no problem. "Hey Peter."
"Hey Gwen. Flash still stuck in detention then?"
"Yep. Looks like he won't be making the field trip."
"Oh really? I'm heartbroken."
"Do you have your paper?"
Peter patted his bookbag.
"Great. Me too."

They looked up as class begin.

Then came Science Class and the trip. The various science class students all handed in the papers and loaded up onto a bus.

After an hour of driving, the students arrived at Oscorp Labs.
http://www.ivohorvat.com/images/OSCORP.jpg
"This place......this place is amazing!" Peter exclaimed.
"Can say that again...." Gwen agreed.

Walking inside, they were met by a red haired boy in a suit. "Hello everybody, welcome to Oscorp Labs. My name is Harry Osborn and I'll be your guide today."
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/130/9/9/harry_osborn_by_spiedyfan-d363ddq.png

more_horiz

Walking inside, they were met by a red haired boy in a suit. "Hello everybody, welcome to Oscorp Labs. My name is Harry Osborn and I'll be your guide today."
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/130/9/9/harry_osborn_by_spiedyfan-d363ddq.png

Peter brought out his camera. "Excuse me, Mister Osborn? Is photography okay? It's for the school paper."

"Sure thing!" Harry said. "And call me Harry."

"Thanks Harry." Peter said and started snapping photos as the tour began and Harry discussed the various types of spiders they were experimenting on at Oscorp.
As the tour continued and Peter shot the photo's, a spider, which had gotten loose from the lab, lowered itself down from the ceiling....

He watched it run off and shook his hand. "Ahhhh....the heck did I do to deserve that?"
"Yo Pete, you coming?" Gwen called to him.
"Right away!" Peter said and ran after her.

As the day went on, Peter started getting a headache and feeling drained. Once it was over though, he shook hands with Harry and the two parted on good terms.
He slumped in his seat on the bus and stared out the window.
"You alright?" Gwen asked. "You're looking a little pale."
"I-I'm fine...just a little tired today." Peter grinned.

After getting the homework from the classes they missed for the trip, Peter went home and walked upstairs and collapsed on his bed....

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

After getting the homework from the classes they missed for the trip, Peter went home and walked upstairs and collapsed on his bed....

Peter dreamed while he was out. He dreamed of his parents and the last time he saw them. He dreamed of spiders and fire and guns and standing alone as the city was collapsing around him.
Peter.
Peter chased after his parents as the rain poured down on him. The spiders climbed on walls and snatched people up, dragging them up into darkness. People on the streets were yelling and fighting and shooting at each other. The city was on fire.
Peter.
His body was on fire, tears pouring down his eyes, he was screaming at everyone to stop. But the city burned around him and everything went black.....and then, he saw them. Gwen, Gordon, Uncle Ben and Aunt May all hugging him and helping him up to his feet.
PETER!
Peter's eyes snapped open to see Uncle Ben looking at him. Peter sat up. "Wha-what...U-Uncle Ben?"

"Hey Peter. You alright? I found you on your bed, you were tossing and turning all over the place."

"I-I'm fine....just....it's just been a really exciting day." Peter said. He was feeling a lot better now, in fact, Peter was feeling better than he had in a long time.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Peter dreamed while he was out. He dreamed of his parents and the last time he saw them. He dreamed of spiders and fire and guns and standing alone as the city was collapsing around him.
Peter.
Peter chased after his parents as the rain poured down on him. The spiders climbed on walls and snatched people up, dragging them up into darkness. People on the streets were yelling and fighting and shooting at each other. The city was on fire.
Peter.
His body was on fire, tears pouring down his eyes, he was screaming at everyone to stop. But the city burned around him and everything went black.....and then, he saw them. Gwen, Gordon, Uncle Ben and Aunt May all hugging him and helping him up to his feet.
PETER!
Peter's eyes snapped open to see Uncle Ben looking at him. Peter sat up. "Wha-what...U-Uncle Ben?"

"Hey Peter. You alright? I found you on your bed, you were tossing and turning all over the place."

"I-I'm fine....just....it's just been a really exciting day." Peter said. He was feeling a lot better now, in fact, Peter was feeling better than he had in a long time.

Peter almost literally leaped off the bed. "I feel amazing."
"The magic of a good sleep eh?" Ben smiled.
"Oh yeah."
"Whelp, you still got a paper to work on don't you?"
"Oh! Right, thanks Uncle Ben."
"I'll call you down for supper later kiddo." Ben slapped him on the back and walked out.
Peter stretched and sat down to work.
As he breezed through his essay, Peter still couldn't help that strange feeling...

The next day.
After waking up, Peter walked over to his door and opened it. There was a strange sound. He looked down to see....the doorknob crumpled. "What the..." Peter looked at his hand. No, there was no way.

Shaking his head, Peter walked to the bathroom and showered off. On the way out though, he accidentally broke the faucet. Panicking, Peter squeezed it until he managed to stop it. Peter grabbed a rag and did as best as he could to wipe it all down and then ran downstairs, sliding down the banister. "Morning!"

His aunt and uncle jumped. "Peter? That you?" Aunt May asked.
"New and improved! I feel like a million bucks!" Peter exclaimed as he ran over and hugged them.
"Well that's...nice!"
"That's the spirit Pete!" Ben laughed.

Peter chugged the juice down, grabbed food and ran off. "Going to school! Bye!"

As he was heading to the back of the bus, one of the student's stuck out their foot to trip him only for Peter to stomp on his foot on accident. The student yelped and rubbed his foot as Peter headed to the back and sat down.

At school, he was working his locker when one of Flash's friends reached out to grab him. Peter's head jerked up and before he knew what was going on, he had shoved the bully backwards into his friend. (Wait....what just happened?)

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Peter.
Peter.
PETER!

Peter almost literally leaped off the bed. "I feel amazing."
"The magic of a good sleep eh?" Ben smiled.
"Oh yeah."
"Whelp, you still got a paper to work on don't you?"
"Oh! Right, thanks Uncle Ben."
"I'll call you down for supper later kiddo." Ben slapped him on the back and walked out.
Peter stretched and sat down to work.
As he breezed through his essay, Peter still couldn't help that strange feeling...

The next day.
After waking up, Peter walked over to his door and opened it. There was a strange sound. He looked down to see....the doorknob crumpled. "What the..." Peter looked at his hand. No, there was no way.

Shaking his head, Peter walked to the bathroom and showered off. On the way out though, he accidentally broke the faucet. Panicking, Peter squeezed it until he managed to stop it. Peter grabbed a rag and did as best as he could to wipe it all down and then ran downstairs, sliding down the banister. "Morning!"

His aunt and uncle jumped. "Peter? That you?" Aunt May asked.
"New and improved! I feel like a million bucks!" Peter exclaimed as he ran over and hugged them.
"Well that's...nice!"
"That's the spirit Pete!" Ben laughed.

Peter chugged the juice down, grabbed food and ran off. "Going to school! Bye!"

As he was heading to the back of the bus, one of the student's stuck out their foot to trip him only for Peter to stomp on his foot on accident. The student yelped and rubbed his foot as Peter headed to the back and sat down.

At school, he was working his locker when one of Flash's friends reached out to grab him. Peter's head jerked up and before he knew what was going on, he had shoved the bully backwards into his friend. (Wait....what just happened?)

The two bullies were equally confused. "Did you just see that?"

"Did that just happen?" Peter asked himself.

"Well....nab him!"

The two bullies lunged forward to hit Peter but he stepped to the left and the two ran into the lockers. (What? Did I just...dodge 'em?)

"Oh you are going to DIE for that Parker!"

"For what? What did I do?"

The two were about to rush him but were grabbed by a teacher. "Is there a problem here?"

"No. No problem." The bullies turned and walked off to class.

(The hell was that all about?) Peter wondered. "Um, thanks sir."

"You're welcome. Get to class Peter."

Peter slid into class and sat down next to Gwen. "Sup?"
"Well, somebody's feeling good."
"I feel like a million and I just made two of Flash's goons like idiots."
"What?"
"I'll tell you after class."

"And then I just dodged them!"
"Amazing Peter."
"That's what I was thinking. I'm telling you Gwen, it's the start of a brand new day for me."

The rest of the day flew by, with Peter never having felt so good. He aced all his quizzes and assignments of course and when gym came with baseball, Peter was a hit. A home run hitter in fact. Peter wasn't sure if he was just extremely lucky today or if he was a whole new Peter but either way he was winning today!

On the way out of school, he bumped into Flash. "Hey Flash. Aren't you supposed to be in detention for life?"
"Got out on good behavior." Flash sneered and grabbed Peter by his shirt. "Tomorrow. You're dead."
"Tomorrow huh? Alright then, tomorrow, basketball, one-on-one, you and me." Peter wasn't sure if it was his confidence or what, but his mouth was moving faster than his brain.
Flash and his friends laughed as he shoved Peter backwards. Peter stumbled but caught himself. "You've got it. If I win, you kiss my sneakers in front of everybody!"
"And if I win, you give up being a bullying dick to everybody once and for all."
"You aren't going to win Parker."
"We'll find out tomorrow Eugene."
His friends stopped him from slugging Peter who walked out.

It took Peter up until he got home for the fact to hit him: Flash was the Captain of the Basketball Team.
".....I am so dead."

more_horiz
lol!

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
lol!

Thank you! Very Happy

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

It took Peter up until he got home for the fact to hit him: Flash was the Captain of the Basketball Team.
".....I am so dead."

Peter collapsed onto his bed. "Oh God....what was I thinking? I suck at sports...oh man...Flash is gonna tear me apart!" Peter racked his brain for a way to get out of this one. "I-I can't back down...not after I said all that smack...I'll be a bigger loser than I am now...but if I DO play...I'll be humiliated anyway! I'm going to be a total laughing stock either way...what would Uncle Ben do?" Peter lay on his stomach and buried his face in the pillow. (I guess he would stand his ground...sometimes that's all you can do.) Getting up off of his bed, Peter paced back and forth, trying to come up with an idea, a plan, a strategy, something!

He thought about the days events. His doorknob was still crushed, so he didn't imagine that. Peter ran to the bathroom. The faucet was still damaged, just as he thought. Peter rubbed his chin. Walking back to his room, Peter unzipped his backpack, took out his binder and began stuffing the backpack with as many hardcover books as he could. Once it was filled to the brink, Peter stood up, did some stretches, and rolled up his sleeves. He took a deep breath and knelt down and braced himself for the weight and....promptly picked it up like it was it was nothing. Peter was so surprised by this that he almost fell over. He tossed it up and down. "Woah.....th-there's....no way." Peter lifted it up over his head. "...."

Peter immediately sat down to his desk and began writing down the days events.
Morning: Crumpled doorknob and bathroom faucet with bare hands.
Bus Ride: Apparently stepped on foot of student, hurting them. Still feeling sorry about that.
School: Tossed Davey into Bill. It was so fast that I didn't realize that I had done it. Dodged tackle like an athlete. Or a martial artist.
Gym Class: Hitting Home Runs left and right. Running faster than I ever have.
End of Day: Stood up to Flash. Again. Brave enough to challenge him.
Home: Lifted backpack full of heavy books like it was a softball. Have been extremely energetic all day long. Cause: Unknown thus far. Have a theory.
"Peter?"
Peter looked up and smiled to see Uncle Ben. "Uncle Ben!" He ran over and hugged him. "Did you see what happened to the sink?" Ben asked.
"Uhhh....nooo I have not."
"It's crazy. I could have sworn I fixed it. Well, better get too it then."
"Uncle Ben I-"
"Yeah?"
"I...want to help."
Ben smiled. "Thanks sport. I'll go get my tool kit."

In the bathroom, Peter opened the cabinets. "What the...a spare faucet? You bought a spare faucet?"
"Indeed I did. May thought I was crazy at the time." Ben laughed. "She owes me meatloaf tonight."
Peter and Ben laughed. "Come on, let's get to work."

After lots of work, they installed the shiny new faucet into the sink. "I think this new one looks better."
"A lot better." Ben slapped his hand on his back. "Ooooh."
"Uncle Ben?"
"I'm okay, just my back. Come on, let's celebrate."
Peter didn't feel the least bit tired from all that work. He made a mental note to jot this down.

The two were sipping lemonade on the porch when Aunt May got home from grocery shopping. "Hey May."
"Ben, Peter, how are you?"
"Just fantastic. We got the new faucet in."
"What happened with the old faucet?"
"Well....I got home and it was busted."
"Busted?"
"Yeah, me and Peter were surprised too."
"Really? Huh, well, at least it's fixed now. Mind helping me with these?"

Later, Peter was writing all of this information down on the paper. "So what was it? What was it that caused me to be like this? I couldn't have just woken up like this. Something had to make me-wait....wait a minute..." Peter stood up, knocking over his chair. The Field Trip, Oscorp, the mutated super spiders, the bite. THE BITE! Peter was still soar from the beating that morning, then he got bit, and then he came home to rest and, and, he started feeling GOOD! He felt so energetic, sooooo....powerful! And today he was feeling so amazing at school. It didn't make much sense, but, somehow, the bite from that super spider had given him super powers! Peter ran over to his backpack and started throwing the books out of it until he found the one on spiders and started flipping through it. He found the page he wanted: Spider's are capable of lifting 10-15x their body weight. Granted, Peter didn't get a good look at the spider but a mutated one like that could very well be capable of lifting even more! If power like that indeed was transferred to him, factoring in his height and weight, he could very well be capable of lifting anywhere in the range of 2 to 5, maybe even 6 tons! Peter picked his chair back up and quickly began writing all of this down, filling up the page and he used the other side and then stuffed the paper into a notebook and shoved that into his backpack.
Peter ran downstairs. "I'm heading out!" He called to his aunt and uncle and ran off.

"P-Peter?"

Peter ran block after block but to his amazement he didn't even feel winded. He didn't just run either, he mixed it up a bit with athleticism that utterly shocked even him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY27FRD3L6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpskwwMwEWg

Back at the Parker House, the doorbell rang. Aunt May opened the door to see Gwen Stacy standing outside, looking around with her hands in her pockets. She smiled and opened the door. "Well hello Gwen!"
"Hi misses Parker, is Peter here?"
"Oh you just missed him. He ran out of here a little while ago, said something about going out."
"Did he say where he was going?"
"No, it was strange. Why don't you come on in until he gets back?"
"I'd love to."

Meanwhile, Peter decided to test something else. He ran at the brick wall, leaped up, held out his hand and grabbed onto the wall and expected to fall off or slide down but to his amazement, his hand stuck to the wall. Peter then used another hand. He climbed up slowly, hand over hand until he reached the top of the building and looked out over New York city. After staring for a few minutes, Peter gathered his thoughts and took out the notebook, writing down absolutely everything.

Once done, Peter headed home.

"I'M HOME!" Peter declared. He saw Gwen sitting with Ben. "And so you see, he has your picture on his computer..."
Gwen laughed.
"B-Ben?"
The three turned to Peter. "Oh hi Peter, where were you?"
"Out, you know, hanging around, getting air...hi Gwen!"
"You really have my picture on your computer?"
"W-well...I mean...it's a photo of the band and you just happened to be in the picture...is that meatloaf?"
"Why yes it is, come on, eat up." May said.

After a dinner in which they all got to have some laughs, Gwen sat outside with Peter. "Pete, you're not really going to take on Flash tomorrow are you? You don't have anything to prove to him."
"Yes I do. Flash is a bully Gwen. He beat the heck out of me and he's already gotten out of detention. The teacher's aren't going to do a thing to him. Somebody needs to knock him down a few pegs."
"And that somebody is you?"
"Yeah."
"But...if you lose...I don't want you to have to be humiliated like that!"
"How many people know about it?"
"Flash has been calling everybody, telling them about how he plans to destroy you tomorrow."
"Don't worry about me Gwen. I can't explain it, but, I know I'll win. I'm putting Eugene in his place once and for all."
"Peter....alright, fine, no matter what happens...I will always be your friend."
"Thanks Gwen."
Now...I'd better get going. My dad's picking me up." Gwen said and waved to the police car.
Captain Stacey waved back and opened the door for Gwen. "By Gwen! By Captain Stacey!"
"Be good Mister Parker!" Captain Stacey called back. The usual greeting between them.
Peter watched until they drove away.

"You have a nice girlfriend Pete."
"Ben!"
Ben laughed.
"I'll be in my room."
"Ahhh, wait up, I want to have a word with you."
"Hmm?"
"I couldn't help but overhear some of your talk. This Flash guy still giving you trouble?"
"No. Ben, it's just a basketball game. I just have to knock him down off his high horse."
"Now listen, just because you can knock down this kid, doesn't mean you should. You can always walk away."
"This is one time I can't."
"Alright, just remember kiddo: With Great Power-"
"-Comes Great Responsibility." Peter smiled.
The two high fived and Peter headed upstairs to go handle his homework.

"How is he?" May asked.
"He'll be fine." Ben nodded. "He'll be fine."

more_horiz
Peter woke up, showered and got dressed: Black shirt, blue jeans and a red jacket.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/181/0/c/peter_parker_by_pebbled-d55hm9s.jpg
He grabbed his backpack and headed out.

On the bus, every single there was jeering at him. "You're gonna die Puny Parker!"
"Hope you like licking feet!"
"Dead meat Parker! Dead meat!"
Peter ignored them as he made his way to the back of the bus and sat down. Let them laugh. Once this was over, a whole lot of people were going to owe him some apologies.

In front of the school, Flash was waiting with his gang, spinning a basketball on his finger. "You ain't gonna chicken out on me are you?"
"Funny, I was about to ask you that."
"Watch your mouth!"
Flash stopped his friend. "No. Nobody touches him until after the game. Your all mine Parker."
"At least buy me a drink first."
Flash nearly punched Peter but restrained himself. "We'll see who's laughing after gym. Be there or we'll come find you."
"I'll put it in my assignment book."
"Let's go." Flash said and walked off.
Peter rolled his eyes.

The students were whispering about the game. "Pssst, hey, Peter, you really gonna take on Flash?"
"You betcha."
"Good. I have twenty bucks on you showing up."
"Ummm.....thanks?"
"You're welcome."

"You can still back out of this." Gwen said to Peter.
"Thanks, but I'll be fine."

After a few more classes and a surprisingly peaceful lunch, it was time for the gym class. Peter was in the bathroom, cleaning his glasses while psyching himself up.

In the gym, after talking to the coach,Flash was playing basketball with his friends for a warm up. "You sure this is a good idea Flash?"
"Oh come on, he ain't going to show." Flash laughed. "Let's just have some fun."
The ball was knocked away and landed next to Missy Kallenback,
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121026114354/amazingspiderman/images/4/4a/Missy_Kallenback.png
who had been working on a banner for the school, and knocked over the paint can she was using, spilling it all over the banner. "FLASH! You did that on purpose!"
"Nahhh, but I should have. Better watch yourself little Missy!"

Finished, Peter ran to the gym.

Retrieving the ball, Flash continued shooting and then turned and raised it up to throw it at Missy. She winced. Flash laughed with his friends and then turned it and flung it right at her.

Missy closed her eyes and raised her arms in front of herself but the ball didn't hit. She opened her eyes to see Peter Parker standing in front of her, the ball in his hands. He growled at Flash. "Coward."

"Sorry, what was that dweeb?"

Peter threw the ball at Flash, hitting him in the chest and knocking him over. He took off his jacket. "Could you hold this for me?" He asked Missy. "Y-yeah...sure Peter."
"Thanks."

Flash got up and started dribbling the ball. "I am gonna f-ing destroy you."
"Go for it Eugene."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Peter woke up, showered and got dressed: Black shirt, blue jeans and a red jacket.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/181/0/c/peter_parker_by_pebbled-d55hm9s.jpg
He grabbed his backpack and headed out.

On the bus, every single there was jeering at him. "You're gonna die Puny Parker!"
"Hope you like licking feet!"
"Dead meat Parker! Dead meat!"
Peter ignored them as he made his way to the back of the bus and sat down. Let them laugh. Once this was over, a whole lot of people were going to owe him some apologies.

In front of the school, Flash was waiting with his gang, spinning a basketball on his finger. "You ain't gonna chicken out on me are you?"
"Funny, I was about to ask you that."
"Watch your mouth!"
Flash stopped his friend. "No. Nobody touches him until after the game. Your all mine Parker."
"At least buy me a drink first."
Flash nearly punched Peter but restrained himself. "We'll see who's laughing after gym. Be there or we'll come find you."
"I'll put it in my assignment book."
"Let's go." Flash said and walked off.
Peter rolled his eyes.

The students were whispering about the game. "Pssst, hey, Peter, you really gonna take on Flash?"
"You betcha."
"Good. I have twenty bucks on you showing up."
"Ummm.....thanks?"
"You're welcome."

"You can still back out of this." Gwen said to Peter.
"Thanks, but I'll be fine."

After a few more classes and a surprisingly peaceful lunch, it was time for the gym class. Peter was in the bathroom, cleaning his glasses while psyching himself up.

In the gym, after talking to the coach,Flash was playing basketball with his friends for a warm up. "You sure this is a good idea Flash?"
"Oh come on, he ain't going to show." Flash laughed. "Let's just have some fun."
The ball was knocked away and landed next to Missy Kallenback,
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121026114354/amazingspiderman/images/4/4a/Missy_Kallenback.png
who had been working on a banner for the school, and knocked over the paint can she was using, spilling it all over the banner. "FLASH! You did that on purpose!"
"Nahhh, but I should have. Better watch yourself little Missy!"

Finished, Peter ran to the gym.

Retrieving the ball, Flash continued shooting and then turned and raised it up to throw it at Missy. She winced. Flash laughed with his friends and then turned it and flung it right at her.

Missy closed her eyes and raised her arms in front of herself but the ball didn't hit. She opened her eyes to see Peter Parker standing in front of her, the ball in his hands. He growled at Flash. "Coward."

"Sorry, what was that dweeb?"

Peter threw the ball at Flash, hitting him in the chest and knocking him over. He took off his jacket. "Could you hold this for me?" He asked Missy. "Y-yeah...sure Peter."
"Thanks."

Flash got up and started dribbling the ball. "I am gonna f-ing destroy you."
"Go for it Eugene."

The both of them got ready. Flash ran forward, coming straight at Peter when something ran by him. Flash barely even saw him. He turned around and saw Peter was making a shot. The basketball flew through the air and went right into the hoop, giving Peter two points. "How you like me now Eugene?"

"Beginner's luck!"

Peter smiled and dribbled the ball up and down and rushed Eugene, still dribbling the ball. Flash tried to block him but Peter just ran around him and shot another hoop. "4-0!" He called out.

"Oh it is on now!"
"Hey Flash, look what I can do!" Peter said and spun the ball on his finger before passing it to Flash. Flash caught the ball and dribbled it and ran at Peter full tilt only for Peter to run right past him and swipe the ball again. Flash turned and chased after him but was too late to stop Peter from shooting another net. Flash tried to ram into Peter but he side stepped him and retrieved the ball.

And so it went, the game was completely one sided. As much as Flash tried, he couldn't keep up with Peter's speed. Flash tried grabbing him, Peter avoided him. Flash tried tripping him, Peter hopped over his foot. Flash tried stealing the ball or stopping his shots, he would always be too late. All the while, Peter was getting nothing but net.

Peter watched Flash as he bounced the ball up and down and walked over to him. "Ahhh man, you know, this is just too easy. Tell you what, let's do this." Peter said as he held it out to him. "Take it from me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0roGH0afL3Y
After slam dunking the ball, Peter landed on his feet and bounced the ball up and down. He turned to Flash, who was on the ground, smirked and shot one last hoop from across the gym into the other net. "Swish." He smiled as it went in. "Now then, I seem to recall making a bet with you...what was it...oh yeah: You give up being a bully. It's over Flash. All of it."
Flash could only stare dumbfounded. Peter walked over to Missy and took his jacket back. "Thank you ma'am." He said and put it back on.
"P-peter.....that was amazing..."
"Thanks. Stay awesome Missy!" Peter walked to the exit, paused, turned and took a bow before walking out. Missy waved goodbye. Gwen stared in amazement. "N-no way.....he actually did it?" She pinched herself. "Ow! No, not dreaming. Man...where he was hiding all that?"
From his position on the floor, Flash looked up at the people in the gym, several of whom were laughing, including his friends, some of whom were talking about it in amazement, others were cheering Peter even after he left the gym. One of his friends walked over to him and offered his hand. Flash stood up. "You okay man?"
Gwen saw the look in his eyes. (Oh no...) "Flash...Flash it was a game! You made the bet so you stay right there and-"
Flash took off towards the doors like a bat out of hell.
The students ran after him.

Peter was walking down the hallway, the biggest smile ever on his face. Today had gone even better then he had hoped. He completely owned Flash at his own game, made him look like an idiot in front of everybody and stood up for Missy AND got to show off for Gwen. He doubted Flash would honor his end of the bet, but it didn't matter. If he tried something, Peter could always knock him down again.
Behind him, Flash was shoving students out of his way as made a beeline towards Peter. Reaching him, he pulled back his fist.
Peter's eyes widened as everything around him slowed down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=390C1meyxRU
Peter dodged to the side. Flash's fist slamming against the locker. "Bet you think you're pretty funny don't you freak?!"
The other students quickly crowded around them, chanting for a fight. "Flash it was just a game!" Gwen yelled at him.
"Here's a new game Parker: Play dead!"
"I don't want to fight you Eugene."
"I wouldn't want to fight me either." Flash swung at Peter again only for him to dodge it. Flash tried again. His punch hit air. As for Peter, he looked up and down Flash's arm as it slooooowly punched towards him and Flash sloooowly brought it back. From his perspective, Flash was moving in slow motion.
Flash yelled and just started swinging at Peter as fast as he could, too angry to think straight. Peter danced around his punches and then stuck out his foot, tripping him. A couple of people laughed. One of Flash's buddies rushed Peter from behind but Peter turned, grabbed and tossed him down on top of Flash. With a grunt, Flash shoved him away and resumed attacking Peter with no success. Peter tripped Flash and gave him a push, causing Flash to fall against the lockers. Recovering, Flash turned and saw Peter looking down on him. "Come on Eugene." Peter taunted. "Get up. GET UP!"
"Coming right up!" Flash stood up and ran at him again only for Peter to ball his hand into a fist and, remembering all the crap Flash put him and everybody else in the school through, caught Flash's hand and then gave him a punishing blow to the stomach and threw him to the ground. Flash held his stomach and rolled on the ground. "It's over, Puny Flash." Peter said and turned and walked away.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

"Coming right up!" Flash stood up and ran at him again only for Peter to ball his hand into a fist and, remembering all the crap Flash put him and everybody else in the school through, caught Flash's hand and then gave him a punishing blow to the stomach and threw him to the ground. Flash held his stomach and rolled on the ground. "It's over, Puny Flash." Peter said and turned and walked away.

Not long after this, Peter was getting books from his locker when the principal came marching up to him. "Mister Parker?"
"Yes?"
"I'd like to see you in my office."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Not long after this, Peter was getting books from his locker when the principal came marching up to him. "Mister Parker?"
"Yes?"

"So, Mister Parker, I believe this is the second time now that you have had an altercation with Flash Thompson correct?"
"Alterca-he attacked me both times."
"And why do you not simply get a teacher?"
"For some reason, one is never around when it happens."
"I see. However, our school does not condone violence at all. If there is a bully problem, walk away and inform a member of the faculty."
"But I-"
"Flash is in the nurse's office right now. So, we're going to have to call your Aunt and Uncle."

And so, Peter silently looked out the window as Uncle Ben drove him home after talking to the Principal about it.
Things were quiet between them for most of the drive before Peter ultimately spoke up. "I'm not apologizing. To Flash or anyone."
"Peter..."
"He attacked me, he's attacked other students, all while laughing his head off and the school barely lifted a finger and now just because somebody hit back, now it's horrible, now it's a serious matter. I am not apologizing no matter what the school says."
"Peter, let's start at the beginning. What...what all happened?"
Peter took a deep breath and explained all of it to Peter from the confrontation in the school, to the bet, to everyone threatening him, to Flash threatening Missy, to the game, to the fight. "And somehow, I'm the bad guy according to them."
Ben sighed and nodded. "Now Peter, remember what I said, just because you can take down a thug like him, doesn't mean you should. Flash...it sounds like he probably deserved to be knocked down a few pegs."
"He did."
"But..." Ben continued. "I think you took it a little too far."
"What?"
"Now, while I don't know where you learned to play so well, you'd won the game right? You'd won the bet, you'd won the challenge...it was over. You could have just walked away."
"He started the fight."
"You told me you had him down, what was the point in continuing? Remember Peter, with great power, comes great responsibility."
"I had the power to put a bully in his place, so I used it responsibly."
Ben drove up to their house. "We'll continue this talk later, after you've had some time to calm down kiddo."
Peter took off his seatbelt and got out of the car.
"Hi May." Peter said and walked right up to his room. He sat down on his bed. (I don't get it, I was in the right the whole time! Flash is the bully, not me!)

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Yes?"

"So, Mister Parker, I believe this is the second time now that you have had an altercation with Flash Thompson correct?"
"I see. However, our school does not condone violence at all. If there is a bully problem, walk away and inform a member of the faculty."
"But I-"
"Flash is in the nurse's office right now. So, we're going to have to call your Aunt and Uncle."

And so, Peter silently looked out the window as Uncle Ben drove him home after talking to the Principal about it.
Things were quiet between them for most of the drive before Peter ultimately spoke up. "I'm not apologizing. To Flash or anyone."
"Peter..."
"He attacked me, he's attacked other students, all while laughing his head off and the school barely lifted a finger and now just because somebody hit back, now it's horrible, now it's a serious matter. I am not apologizing no matter what the school says."
Peter took a deep breath and explained all of it to Peter from the confrontation in the school, to the bet, to everyone threatening him, to Flash threatening Missy, to the game, to the fight. "And somehow, I'm the bad guy according to them."
Ben sighed and nodded. "Now Peter, remember what I said, just because you can take down a thug like him, doesn't mean you should. Flash...it sounds like he probably deserved to be knocked down a few pegs."
"He did."
"What?"
"Now, while I don't know where you learned to play so well, you'd won the game right? You'd won the bet, you'd won the challenge...it was over. You could have just walked away."
"He started the fight."
"You told me you had him down, what was the point in continuing? Remember Peter, with great power, comes great responsibility."
Ben drove up to their house. "We'll continue this talk later, after you've had some time to calm down kiddo."
"Hi May." Peter said and walked right up to his room. He sat down on his bed. (I don't get it, I was in the right the whole time! Flash is the bully, not me!)

Still, after a few hours, Peter calmed down and talked to them both after dinner. At the end, Peter made a decision, grabbed his coat and headed out.
*Knock Knock*
Flash opened the door. He was slouching and obviously still hurting from the stomach punch. He locked eyes with Peter. "What do you want?"
Peter was tempted to punch Flash in the mouth but swallowed his pride. "Hey Eugene, I'm sorry about school. You okay?"
Flash stood up straighter and smirked, looking down on Peter like he always did. "Yeah, just fine Parker."
"Kay. Good... Bye." Peter said and walked off, resisting the urge to vomit.

On the way home, Peter stopped into a store to get a little bit of milk. Thinking about it, he did feel a little bit better. He was, after all, the bigger man now. He had humiliated Flash, he had beaten him, and now he was still bigger man after all that. He picked out a bottle of chocolate milk and walked up to the register. "That's $2.07." The man said.
Peter handed the man 2.05.
"Hey! It's 2.07."
"I know." Peter said and handed him two pennies from the penny bin.
"Oh no, nononono, it doesn't work like that."
"What? It's just two pennies."
"No, see, you can GIVE a penny. You cannot TAKE a penny. You need to spend ten bucks to take a penny."
"It's two cents."
"Store policy kid."
"Since when?"
"Since right now dweeb. What? What? Daddy not give you enough milk money? Baby gonna go cry?"
"Look, you're getting the pennies back either way so-"
"Rules are rules kid. Now get lost, you're holding up the line."
"Fine." Peter said and took his money back and left. He saw a customer shove a can of beer into is pocket out of the corner of his eye but didn't make a move.
(Annnnd that just killed my good mood.) On the way out however, he glanced at a poster of Bonesaw.

Arriving home, Peter walked in quietly and overheard Ben and May talking to each other, including about money problems. Closing the door, Peter walked up to his room.

The next few days were mostly uneventful. There was tension between Peter and Flash but he was leaving him alone now. Peter actually felt safe now. He spent some time in the principal's office due to their fight but it let Peter get extra homework done and get ahead in readings. On the bus, he overheard a couple of students talking about Bone McGraw and how he was getting ready to hold a contest where he would give $5,000 for anyone who could beat him. Peter rubbed his chin.

Once his time in the Principal's office was over after a week, Missy came running up to him. "Hey Pete. Peter!"
"Oh, hey Missy."
"Hey, listen, I never got to thank you after what you did for me in the gym."
"Oh, that, look it was nothing."
"I meant a lo to me." Missy said and leaned up and kissed Peter on the cheek before running off. Peter stood there, his face red. "Welll......thanks."
"Oooooh la la!"
Peter turned around and saw Gwen laughing. "Ohhh my God."
"Finally getting some luck with the ladies?"
""Umm...maybe?"
Gwen laughed. "Come on. Let's get to class. You'll see her again in gym."
"Gwen!" Embarassed
lol!

While the teacher's lectured, Peter started doodling in his notebook, coming up with various looks for his wrestling costume.
At home, he started working on something else. Using tools, old watches, his chemistry set, information he looked up online about Oscorp's up and coming BioCable and his own research on spiders, Peter developed something new. Something nobody had ever seen before, something he called: Web Shooters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man%27s_powers_and_equipment#Artificial_web-shooters
In between experiments and homework, he developed the suit and counted down the days.
He got everything done just in time. Peter smiled. Tomorrow, their money problems would be over.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Yes?"

"But I-"

"Peter..."
"He did."
"What?"
"He started the fight."

Still, after a few hours, Peter calmed down and talked to them both after dinner. At the end, Peter made a decision, grabbed his coat and headed out.
*Knock Knock*
Flash opened the door. He was slouching and obviously still hurting from the stomach punch. He locked eyes with Peter. "What do you want?"
Peter was tempted to punch Flash in the mouth but swallowed his pride. "Hey Eugene, I'm sorry about school. You okay?"
Flash stood up straighter and smirked, looking down on Peter like he always did. "Yeah, just fine Parker."
"Kay. Good... Bye." Peter said and walked off, resisting the urge to vomit.

On the way home, Peter stopped into a store to get a little bit of milk. Thinking about it, he did feel a little bit better. He was, after all, the bigger man now. He had humiliated Flash, he had beaten him, and now he was still bigger man after all that. He picked out a bottle of chocolate milk and walked up to the register. "That's $2.07." The man said.
Peter handed the man 2.05.
"Hey! It's 2.07."
"I know." Peter said and handed him two pennies from the penny bin.
"Oh no, nononono, it doesn't work like that."
"What? It's just two pennies."
"No, see, you can GIVE a penny. You cannot TAKE a penny. You need to spend ten bucks to take a penny."
"It's two cents."
"Store policy kid."
"Since when?"
"Since right now dweeb. What? What? Daddy not give you enough milk money? Baby gonna go cry?"
"Look, you're getting the pennies back either way so-"
"Rules are rules kid. Now get lost, you're holding up the line."
"Fine." Peter said and took his money back and left. He saw a customer shove a can of beer into is pocket out of the corner of his eye but didn't make a move.
(Annnnd that just killed my good mood.) On the way out however, he glanced at a poster of Bonesaw.

Arriving home, Peter walked in quietly and overheard Ben and May talking to each other, including about money problems. Closing the door, Peter walked up to his room.

The next few days were mostly uneventful. There was tension between Peter and Flash but he was leaving him alone now. Peter actually felt safe now. He spent some time in the principal's office due to their fight but it let Peter get extra homework done and get ahead in readings. On the bus, he overheard a couple of students talking about Bone McGraw and how he was getting ready to hold a contest where he would give $5,000 for anyone who could beat him. Peter rubbed his chin.

Once his time in the Principal's office was over after a week, Missy came running up to him. "Hey Pete. Peter!"
"Oh, hey Missy."
"Hey, listen, I never got to thank you after what you did for me in the gym."
"Oh, that, look it was nothing."
"I meant a lo to me." Missy said and leaned up and kissed Peter on the cheek before running off. Peter stood there, his face red. "Welll......thanks."
"Oooooh la la!"
Peter turned around and saw Gwen laughing. "Ohhh my God."
"Finally getting some luck with the ladies?"
""Umm...maybe?"
Gwen laughed. "Come on. Let's get to class. You'll see her again in gym."
"Gwen!" Embarassed
lol!

While the teacher's lectured, Peter started doodling in his notebook, coming up with various looks for his wrestling costume.
At home, he started working on something else. Using tools, old watches, his chemistry set, information he looked up online about Oscorp's up and coming BioCable and his own research on spiders, Peter developed something new. Something nobody had ever seen before, something he called: Web Shooters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man%27s_powers_and_equipment#Artificial_web-shooters
In between experiments and homework, he developed the suit and counted down the days.
He got everything done just in time. Peter smiled. Tomorrow, their money problems would be over.

It was the weekend so Peter didn't need to worry about school. He did a quick warm up and threw on clothes over his costume and ran down the stairs.

"I tell ya may, there's something up with Peter. He's been locking himself up in his room, doing those crazy experiments, running around with your knitting tools, I don't know...there's something going on with Peter, and he won't tell me what it is. Or, maybe I'm just too embarrassed to ask. I don't know May, I just don't know anymore."

Peter ran past them. "Going to the downtown library be back later!"
"hey, Peter, wait up, I'll drive you."
"Oh, no, it's okay, I'll take the subway!"
"No,no,no,no...it's okay, I'll drive you. I need the exercise. Besides, it'll give us time to talk. Come on, let's roll."

Soon, the two arrived at the library. Peter started to leave when Ben stopped him...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5d6rTQcU2U

Peter stood on the sidewalk and watched him drive off for a minute before shaking his head and walking away.
That night....Peter signed up for the big wrestling match despite everybody either laughing in his face or trying to talk him out of it and sat back and waited for his turn at the champ. Meanwhile, Bonesaw continued to toss around his challengers. Peter did some more warmups as he waited. Five Grand. Five Minutes. No problem. Not when Peter had the Proportional Strength, Speed and Agility of a spider.
After another challenger was thrown down, it was Peter's turn. "Nowwww ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the frightening, the mysterious, the spectaculaaaar... SPIDERMAN!"
The curtain pulled back to reveal...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-truFqaPTtUw/Ti2m-K6MFKI/AAAAAAAAAks/oQY9KgVam0g/s1600/Spiderman_redesign_web.jpg
Peter waved. The crowd burst out laughing.

At the Thompson house, Flash was doing push ups in his room when heard the name. "Wait...Spider-what?" He turned up the volume and looked at the costume. "I repeat: What."

The wrestling girls jeered at Peter as me he made his way to the ring and he was pretty sure somebody threw popcorn at him. He climbed into the ring and stared down Bonesaw

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

After another challenger was thrown down, it was Peter's turn. "Nowwww ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the frightening, the mysterious, the spectaculaaaar... SPIDERMAN!"
The curtain pulled back to reveal...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-truFqaPTtUw/Ti2m-K6MFKI/AAAAAAAAAks/oQY9KgVam0g/s1600/Spiderman_redesign_web.jpg
Peter waved. The crowd burst out laughing.

At the Thompson house, Flash was doing push ups in his room when heard the name. "Wait...Spider-what?" He turned up the volume and looked at the costume. "I repeat: What."

The wrestling girls jeered at Peter as me he made his way to the ring and he was pretty sure somebody threw popcorn at him. He climbed into the ring and stared down Bonesaw

As he was staring him down however, the cage lowered around them. Peter only noticed it when they started locking it. "Hey! Hey! Come on, I didn't sign up for a cage match! Come on man, unlock the chain. Hello? G-Guys?"
"Hey Freakshow! You're going nowhere." Bonesaw called out to him. "I've got ya for fiiiive minutes! Five minutes of 'play time'!" The bell rang and Bonesaw charged him head on. Peter stared like a deer caught in the headlights. At the last moment though, he got his wits back and leaped straight up to the top of the cage. Bonesaw hit the bars face first and fell on his back. Shaking it off, he looked up at Spider-Man. "What the-what're ya doin up there?!"
"Staying away from you!" Peter replied. His eyes narrowed. "That's a cute outfit. Did your husband buy it for you?"
Bonesaw leaped up and down, trying to grab Spider-Man. Unable to jump anywhere near that high, he tried to climb the bars. Spider-Man leaped off of the cage, flipped in the air and landed in a crouch and turned to face Bonesaw. He charged at Spider-Man again. (Well, no time like the present.) And with that, Peter triggered the web shooters, the webs attaching to the top of the cage. Peter tugged on them as he leaped up, the webs allowing him to fly right over Bonesaw.

"Whaaaa?" Flash stared at the screen. Okay, THIS was new. He'd never seen somebody take a gimmick this far. How did he even do that?

more_horiz
Peter Parker pumped his fists into the air and waved to the audience. Behind him, Bonesaw was handed a chair by one of the women. "Kick his spider ass!" She yelled. Bonesaw charged him and swung it at the spider but Peter was already on the move, dancing around the wrestler. He ran away to a corner and blew kisses to the audience. He saw Bonesaw coming again and decided to make things interesting for the crowd and braced himself for the hit. (Now let's see....do wrestlers pull their moves? I seem to remember they do...)
*WHAM!*
(Annnnnd they don't.) Peter thought to himself as he fell to the mat. Not done yet, Bonesaw continuously bashed him with the metal chair until it was bent and busted. Throwing it away, Bonesaw knelt down, picked Peter up by his legs and swung him into the bars twice before throwing Peter through the air. Peter shook his head. (Woah.....how did that not seriously hurt?) He rolled over on his back in time to see Bonesaw being handed a metal pole by one of the girls. He raised it above his head and charged Spider-Man who responded by kicking him. A lot. A few times in the stomach, once in the groin and then kicked him through the air for a couple feet to hit the bars. Bonesaw got up, shakily and then charged Spider-Man again. (Okaaaay he's getting crazy. I should probably put a stop to this.) Peter kicked up and then threw Bonesaw with his legs, tossing him into the bars. Bonesaw was out like a light. Peter pushed off his hands and sprung back to his feet. The ref counted him out and ran over to Peter, announcing him as the winner. The crowd went wild.
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION: SPIDER-MAN!"
The crowd chanted his name.

more_horiz
I like this. It combines elements of both Raimi's Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man pretty well

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
I like this. It combines elements of both Raimi's Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man pretty well

Just as planned. Cool

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply