Casual Discussions

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Speaking of. Any vid updates?
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Legato wrote:Speaking of. Any vid updates?

Not since 60.5 of Marble Hornets.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Dark Knight Rises Discussion!

Please try to avoid spoilers for those who have not yet seen it.
Spoiler:
And yes we do have a spoiler tag, it's listed under Others. Just found it today myself.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Froggy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 am

so out of the characters I made I wonder who people like the most

see if i got a good connection with you folks OR NOT
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Chou Blaster on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I personally like the LION/CHAOs people. Also Berserker seems to be cool character concept.

As for Dark Knight Rises?

I freakken loved it! It was just awesome.

Chou Blaster

Posts : 820
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 32
Location : The Dreaming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Froggy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Chou Blaster wrote:I personally like the LION/CHAOs people. Also Berserker seems to be cool character concept.

As for Dark Knight Rises?

I freakken loved it! It was just awesome.
Berserker I just remember him from WATXM

and this old issue of x-factor where he got like cut in half Sad

yeah the LION/CHAOS people are extravagant and hella weird, as they should be. SPHERE is too but in a more tech slanted/mystic abominations/otherworldy creatures way
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:41 pm

I liked Berserker and Agent Nemo. Kudos to bringing Dino back aswell Froggy Smile

avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Speaking of. Which of my characters do you guys like the most?
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Froggy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Legato wrote:I liked Berserker and Agent Nemo. Kudos to bringing Dino back aswell Froggy Smile



resurrection of the Dino

and I like Nemo too, he's very uh peculiar I'll say

in here? I'll say I like the Chase family (NUCAU/CAUMARVEL) and Questar in CAU marvel
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Froggy wrote:
Legato wrote:I liked Berserker and Agent Nemo. Kudos to bringing Dino back aswell Froggy Smile



resurrection of the Dino

and I like Nemo too, he's very uh peculiar I'll say

in here? I'll say I like the Chase family (NUCAU/CAUMARVEL) and Questar in CAU marvel

Same here.

With Alex/Astroman you see two versions of him. In Marvel/CAU he's the guy that while considered famous still finding himself in a universe filled with vast superheroes. So both him and Psionica have alot in common in that universe. In NuCAU it's sorta similar but he's turning into an inspiration to some of the other people that exist in the universe. Seraph, a younger version of Captain Justice considers him a role model(nice touch on that one Guy) while Simonides also became inspired by him, although his way of expressing is a bit shady

Anna is still more the adventurous type and that seems to be carried out to her youngest siblings Cody and Liz. Although with Anna she seems to have found her calling and I get a sense that she's more sociable with the other superheroes than Alex is eventhough Alex still takes on more of a hero role, also ironic as he seems to socialize more with Psionica.

In NuCAU Anna hasn't reached her calling yet but in this one she's more on the heroic side as you saw her and Diamondback taking down a group of robbers

Speaking of Questar, he just recommended Aquan to become a member of the Fantastic Four Wink
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Legato wrote:Speaking of. Which of my characters do you guys like the most?

I really like Flannery and her mom. Smile
Also Insidious and her team.
And Quantum is a really evil villain.

So, what about my guys?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Froggy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm

yeah in both he kind of gives off that uh guy trying to find his footing thing

marvel/cau he has a lot of potential but still working at it

NUCAU he's grasping more of it and that iconic status in a way already

Psionica though will they won't they?


for Guy I like Penelope's uh, aggressiveness in this one and that's really been fun

Seraph as the young hero, along with Doughboy for a good contras

cau/marvel i'm going to cheat here and go with Fastlane AND

AND AND

*drumroll*

deadpool
avatar
Froggy

Posts : 4830
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:Speaking of. Which of my characters do you guys like the most?

I really like Flannery and her mom. Smile
Also Insidious and her team.
And Quantum is a really evil villain.

So, what about my guys?

Oh yeah. While the majority of my villains are either borderlined Draco In Leather Pants or Evil Is Cool Or Both I was taking with a irredeemable approach with Quantum. Basically what do you get when you take Ultra Girl and turn her into a psychopath

As far as your characters go.

I like both Nu and Quantum Captain Justice. Especially with NuCaptain Justice considering Astroman a bit of a role model

NuSimonides as he's painted as someone thats legitimatly trying to do the right thing but the way he goes by it appears shady to some people

Nemesis. While she's painted as a monster there is some shred of humanity in her, you just have to look hard enough to find it

Captain Nemesis: He says villain but to me is a bit of a wildcard. I liked his conversations with Carmilla as the both of them share a common ground when it comes to coming from evil families

NuJape: Her teasing Roc for crushing on Sirena was funny and the two have some good chemistry

Agent Naga: She got that mysterious edge to her and shares an older sister complex with Roc from the looks of things

Sable: Both Quantum and NuCAU. Her introduction in Quantum is surprising yet interesting and it's nice that Artemis has an allie that would help keep her in check morally. I liked the conversations her and Roc had in NuCAU and the sibling like chemistry that came with it

Elizabeth: Pretty cool vampire. Looking forward to her interactions with Carmilla

Morpha: Such a sweet character. Both in Quantum and in Marvel/CAU. Which made me regret having Adrian gave her a brutal Reason You Suck Speech to her.
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Froggy wrote:yeah in both he kind of gives off that uh guy trying to find his footing thing

marvel/cau he has a lot of potential but still working at it

NUCAU he's grasping more of it and that iconic status in a way already

Psionica though will they won't they?


for Guy I like Penelope's uh, aggressiveness in this one and that's really been fun

Seraph as the young hero, along with Doughboy for a good contras

cau/marvel i'm going to cheat here and go with Fastlane AND

AND AND

*drumroll*

deadpool

Figures Deadpool would be the fan favorite Razz

Yay our very own ship tease cheers

Ironic enough. Alex in both Nu and Marvel CAU reminds me of Man of Steel. In the finding ones self category.

avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Froggy wrote:yeah in both he kind of gives off that uh guy trying to find his footing thing

marvel/cau he has a lot of potential but still working at it

NUCAU he's grasping more of it and that iconic status in a way already

Psionica though will they won't they?


for Guy I like Penelope's uh, aggressiveness in this one and that's really been fun

Seraph as the young hero, along with Doughboy for a good contras

cau/marvel i'm going to cheat here and go with Fastlane AND

AND AND

*drumroll*

deadpool

Yeah, NuPenelope is how she'd be if she didn't have Damon and Co around. She does have the heart of a hero though, just going to take awhile to get there.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Cool
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Legato wrote:
Froggy wrote:yeah in both he kind of gives off that uh guy trying to find his footing thing

marvel/cau he has a lot of potential but still working at it

NUCAU he's grasping more of it and that iconic status in a way already

Psionica though will they won't they?


for Guy I like Penelope's uh, aggressiveness in this one and that's really been fun

Seraph as the young hero, along with Doughboy for a good contras

cau/marvel i'm going to cheat here and go with Fastlane AND

AND AND

*drumroll*

deadpool

Figures Deadpool would be the fan favorite Razz

Yay our very own ship tease cheers

Ironic enough. Alex in both Nu and Marvel CAU reminds me of Man of Steel. In the finding ones self category.


Also the Fan Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVBZ2FHGoYE
Razz
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 pm



Yep, he has his own game now. affraid
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:Speaking of. Which of my characters do you guys like the most?

I really like Flannery and her mom. Smile
Also Insidious and her team.
And Quantum is a really evil villain.

So, what about my guys?

Oh yeah. While the majority of my villains are either borderlined Draco In Leather Pants or Evil Is Cool Or Both I was taking with a irredeemable approach with Quantum. Basically what do you get when you take Ultra Girl and turn her into a psychopath

As far as your characters go.

I like both Nu and Quantum Captain Justice. Especially with NuCaptain Justice considering Astroman a bit of a role model

NuSimonides as he's painted as someone thats legitimatly trying to do the right thing but the way he goes by it appears shady to some people

Nemesis. While she's painted as a monster there is some shred of humanity in her, you just have to look hard enough to find it

Captain Nemesis: He says villain but to me is a bit of a wildcard. I liked his conversations with Carmilla as the both of them share a common ground when it comes to coming from evil families

NuJape: Her teasing Roc for crushing on Sirena was funny and the two have some good chemistry

Agent Naga: She got that mysterious edge to her and shares an older sister complex with Roc from the looks of things

Sable: Both Quantum and NuCAU. Her introduction in Quantum is surprising yet interesting and it's nice that Artemis has an allie that would help keep her in check morally. I liked the conversations her and Roc had in NuCAU and the sibling like chemistry that came with it

Elizabeth: Pretty cool vampire. Looking forward to her interactions with Carmilla

Morpha: Such a sweet character. Both in Quantum and in Marvel/CAU. Which made me regret having Adrian gave her a brutal Reason You Suck Speech to her.

Awesome, thanks man.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Question. Which narration of the teaser you guys liked better? The one that had Kevin Costner in the one I just showed you? Or the one with Russell Crowe?



avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Legato wrote:Question. Which narration of the teaser you guys liked better? The one that had Kevin Costner in the one I just showed you? Or the one with Russell Crowe?




This one. Not only is it the one I saw in the theater, but it's just so fitting to have Jor-El's voice over, it matches the mood of the trailer so well.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Just got back from watching The Dark Knight Rises. 3 hours worth of epicness

Spoiler:
I liked Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Catwoman. My biggest fear was that she'd come off annoying but she managed to pull her own weight and didn't come off as the DID Love Interest like Rachel was, one of the things that annoyed me about Rachel. The flirtation between the two was cute and the movie left something for all you Catwoman/Batman shippers out there.

I thought the character of Blake was interesting and did have a nice character arc but what kinda ruined it for me was the twist at the end concerning his name. Those of you who saw it know what I'm talking about. I don't hate the twist it's just I thought Blake came off as a interesting original character and he didn't came off as an annoying foil or fanboy to Batman but someone that was trying to follow the example he led in his own way. I was hoping this movie got from him what The Animated Series of Batman got from Harley Quinn in that we'd have a original character thats popular enough to be adapted into comic form. I loved how his character arc ended however. It made me wish Nolan would continue making Batman

Speaking of twist that ruined things a little for me. The minute they introduced Talia that is when Bane started to go from, to use an example, Spike from seasons 2 of Buffy to Spike from seasons 4,5,6 of Buffy. Which is a shame because from the whole movie they builded Bane as this big threat and it showed but when Talia showed up I was like....what???? scratch I didn't really see any need of that twist, I thought the original twist concerning Bane being Ra's son would have been interesting and it would have made the rivalry between him and Batman intense.

I thought the fight scenes have improved greatly this time around. You can make out whats going on and I thought the two fights involving Bane and Batman was fun. Just a shame Catwoman didn't have anyone to fight.

Glad that Gordon didn't get killed. I was a little concerned that he would.

The cops in this film are quite competent. Granted they have some flaws but they didn't sit around and wait till Batman solve their problems for them. Also them going after Batman in the beginning made sense than how the cops treated Spider-Man in Amazing Spider-Man. Especially since they assumed he killed a respected politician while Spider-Man didn't really pose a threat or give anyone reason to go after him. In a odd way this movie made me anticipate the Spider-Man sequel even more. Now that I found out that Spider-Man is turning into a trilogy I'm interested in how they will end it.

All in all I loved TDKR and i would put this next to the Burton Batman films as my favorite Batman film series. So I rate TDKR Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven The two surprise twist and a few nagging details is what caused me to knock a couple of stars off but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Spoiler:

It was somewhat foreshadowed, Bane did say that he didn't see the light until he was already a man after all. Still, yeah, Talia. Didn't care about her. That said, the moment she was gone?
Bane: Screw this, I'm killing you NOW!
Bats is lucky Catwoman showed up with guns when she did.

All in all though, awesome movie. Cool
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Admin wrote:
Spoiler:

It was somewhat foreshadowed, Bane did say that he didn't see the light until he was already a man after all. Still, yeah, Talia. Didn't care about her. That said, the moment she was gone?
Bane: Screw this, I'm killing you NOW!
Bats is lucky Catwoman showed up with guns when she did.

All in all though, awesome movie. Cool

Agreed Cool
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Legato on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh yeah saw the Man of Steel teaser, the Costner version. The more I look at it I can see that Superman Universe fitting in the Nolan Batmanverse
avatar
Legato

Posts : 7860
Join date : 2012-04-02

View user profile http://legato.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Legato wrote:Oh yeah saw the Man of Steel teaser, the Costner version. The more I look at it I can see that Superman Universe fitting in the Nolan Batmanverse

Of course, then people will be asking why Superman didn't just fly in and handle the problem. Razz
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9720
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile http://zdemnsrpgforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Casual Discussions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum