ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

NuCAU: Ascension City

power_settings_newLogin to reply
5 posters

descriptionNuCAU: Ascension City - Page 14 EmptyRe: NuCAU: Ascension City

more_horiz
Thats right Fastlane! Mr.Nemo to you! Or Agent Nemo Laughing 

Now that is how a battle between two speedsters is done. That got me on the edge of my seat thats for damn sure Very Happy 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Thats right Fastlane! Mr.Nemo to you! Or Agent Nemo Laughing 

Now that is how a battle between two speedsters is done. That got me on the edge of my seat thats for damn sure Very Happy 

Thanks, I borrowed a bit from various speedster showings in Animation, Quicksilver, Zoom and Flash to name a few, while still adding my own flavor to it. And yes, these guys are insanely fast.
Glad you liked the fight guys.  Cool 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Super Kami Guru: That was so brruuuuttaaaaal!

IC: as the officers folded Neil's unconscious form into the car and drove off, the ambulances came by too, Eliza having called them as well. Shuffling among the crowd was a man in a blue suit. He seemed to be the only person to really pay attention to Jay. He had brown skin, curly hair and his hands had weird green tattoo like markings on them. "This is Nemo, yup, the situation with Poundmax is progressing nicely. The kid is very intuitive and gung-ho, it's a shame he's a minor but my current focus is here. Ascension PD reported a superhuman speedster in their custody. Provided the proper negation cuffs and prescriptions to keep him slowed up. Nemo out" he'd say as he leaned against the wall waiting for Jay to wake up. Once he did, he'd put his hands up and smile.

"Don't worry kid, I'm here to help you out. Heard you were the one who stopped The Blur"

Fastlane woke up enough to look at the man. "Well, I'm guessing you're not a police officer and you're not with the medical teams." He held up Nemo's phone. "Mister...Nemo? That's you right?" He offered it back to Nemo. "Yeah...I took him down, barely. Can I help you?"
"Mister Nemo, yup that's me. You're right I'm not with the cops or the medical teams, I'm a member of Law International Observation and Negotiation or LION for short. We're like government spooks, 'crept we work with heroes, aliens and other bizarre things" he'd say, pocketing his phone. Jay's speed would allow him to notice that they were being ignored.

"Figured you might want some privacy so I brought a null-field. We're phased out of their sights by pseudo-psionic manipulation. Far as anyone is concerned, you left the scene already. About you 'barely' stopping Blur, give yourself some credit. No fatalities, any possible injured will be healed and for someone just starting out, that's pretty damn good. Now, I'd like to make you an offer. Let me take you under my wing. Now when I ay this, I just mean ill supply you with gear, information and just options in general. The city is yours to handle though, and you get final say in what goes down for the most part, and if that changes you can believe me it'll be for a good reason"

Nemo then pulled out a candy bar from his pocket and tossed it to Fastlane. "Now, you dint have to accept my offer, keep that in mind. If you dint, well there's always Halworth's or doing it solo, however that last option isn't one you want I'm guessing"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

IC: as the officers folded Neil's unconscious form into the car and drove off, the ambulances came by too, Eliza having called them as well. Shuffling among the crowd was a man in a blue suit. He seemed to be the only person to really pay attention to Jay. He had brown skin, curly hair and his hands had weird green tattoo like markings on them. "This is Nemo, yup, the situation with Poundmax is progressing nicely. The kid is very intuitive and gung-ho, it's a shame he's a minor but my current focus is here. Ascension PD reported a superhuman speedster in their custody. Provided the proper negation cuffs and prescriptions to keep him slowed up. Nemo out" he'd say as he leaned against the wall waiting for Jay to wake up. Once he did, he'd put his hands up and smile.

"Don't worry kid, I'm here to help you out. Heard you were the one who stopped The Blur"

Fastlane woke up enough to look at the man. "Well, I'm guessing you're not a police officer and you're not with the medical teams." He held up Nemo's phone. "Mister...Nemo? That's you right?" He offered it back to Nemo. "Yeah...I took him down, barely. Can I help you?"

"Mister Nemo, yup that's me. You're right I'm not with the cops or the medical teams, I'm a member of Law International Observation and Negotiation or LION for short. We're like government spooks, 'crept we work with heroes, aliens and other bizarre things" he'd say, pocketing his phone. Jay's speed would allow him to notice that they were being ignored.

"Figured you might want some privacy so I brought a null-field. We're phased out of their sights by pseudo-psionic manipulation. Far as anyone is concerned, you left the scene already. About you 'barely' stopping Blur, give yourself some credit. No fatalities, any possible injured will be healed and for someone just starting out, that's pretty damn good.  Now, I'd like to make you an offer. Let me take you under my wing. Now when I ay this, I just mean ill supply you with gear, information and just options in general. The city is yours to handle though, and you get final say in what goes down for the most part, and if that changes you can believe me it'll be for a good reason"

Nemo then pulled out a candy bar from his pocket and tossed it to Fastlane. "Now, you dint have to accept my offer, keep that in mind. If you dint, well there's always Halworth's or doing it solo, however that last option isn't one you want I'm guessing"

"I'll go with the first option. I could use the help." Jay said and scarfed down the candy bar. "Thanks. I needed a boost."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Figured you might want some privacy so I brought a null-field. We're phased out of their sights by pseudo-psionic manipulation. Far as anyone is concerned, you left the scene already. About you 'barely' stopping Blur, give yourself some credit. No fatalities, any possible injured will be healed and for someone just starting out, that's pretty damn good.  Now, I'd like to make you an offer. Let me take you under my wing. Now when I ay this, I just mean ill supply you with gear, information and just options in general. The city is yours to handle though, and you get final say in what goes down for the most part, and if that changes you can believe me it'll be for a good reason"

"I'll go with the first option. I could use the help." Jay said and scarfed down the candy bar. "Thanks. I needed a boost."

"So this pseudo-psionic manipulation thingy, how's it work? Is it like, the machine is telling the people around us 'move around us, nothing to see here?' " Jay asked in a motor mouth fashion.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"So this pseudo-psionic manipulation thingy, how's it work? Is it like, the machine is telling the people around us 'move around us, nothing to see here?' " Jay asked in a motor mouth fashion.
"that's the gist of it. No one feels compelled to look over here cause we don't register on their radar. Keep resting your legs kid, ill take you to your HQ" Nemo would say, holding Jay's hand as they teleported to what appeared to be a retrofitted warehouse, with tubes and healing tanks around.

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"that's the gist of it. No one feels compelled to look over here cause we don't register on their radar. Keep resting your legs kid, ill take you to your HQ" Nemo would say, holding Jay's hand as they teleported to what appeared to be a retrofitted warehouse, with tubes and healing tanks around.

"Woah! How did we-I couldn't react at all! Was that Teleportation or Super Speed? This stuff is so cool."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Woah! How did we-I couldn't react at all! Was that Teleportation or Super Speed? This stuff is so cool."
Nemo laughed. "Heh thanks, pet project of mine, I'm a bit of a design freak, should see my sub! And that was teleportation or as it's classified on file, matter dispersal and reorganization. Now quick question, your folks know about your powers?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Nemo laughed. "Heh thanks, pet project of mine, I'm a bit of a design freak, should see my sub! And that was teleportation or as it's classified on file, matter dispersal and reorganization. Now quick question, your folks know about your powers?"

"Oh yeah. Known about them for years."

more_horiz
A PDA appears in Nemo's hand as he marks off a checklist. "Oooookay, that makes things easier. How's about we take you home and I let your folks in on this deal?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
A PDA appears in Nemo's hand as he marks off a checklist. "Oooookay, that makes things easier. How's about we take you home and I let your folks in on this deal?"

"Sure thing. 6312 High Rise Estates. I'll race you there if you want." Jay joked.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Sure thing. 6312 High Rise Estates. I'll race you there if you want." Jay joked.
Nemo snorted. "I like you already" he'd tell him as they were teleported to his front porch, Nemo knocking on the door.

"You'd beat me by the way, your twitch muscles move on a different level than mine, and I only saw your house on the PDA"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Nemo snorted. "I like you already" he'd tell him as they were teleported to his front porch, Nemo knocking on the door.

"You'd beat me by the way, your twitch muscles move on a different level than mine, and I only saw your house on the PDA"

A well dressed, red haired adult answered the door. Jay's Father: Nathan. The first thin he saw was the condition Jay was in and then the man who was with him. "Jay? What happened to you? Who is this man?"
"It's been a hard day dad. I beat up my friend and saved the city. This is Agent Nemo. He's cool, trust me."
"Okay. Come in sir."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

A well dressed, red haired adult answered the door. Jay's Father: Nathan. The first thin he saw was the condition Jay was in and then the man who was with him. "Jay? What happened to you? Who is this man?"
"It's been a hard day dad. I beat up my friend and saved the city. This is Agent Nemo. He's cool, trust me."
"Okay. Come in sir."

Nemo bowed as he walked in, then shook Nathan's hand. "Fine kid you got here Mr. Chadan, your son just saved this city from a murderous meta human threat all on his own. My name is Nathan Nemo, and I found this out after finishing a mission for LION, and our organization has taken an interest in your son and his potential. I'm Agent Nemo and what I'm offering Jay is a mentor ship plan. I'll provide him with gear, information and training tools. You and your wife will also receive a monthly stipend for this until Jay turns eighteen, at which he can choose to go freelance like the Chase Family or maintain a working relationship as we sponsor him."

He'd stop, then teleport a brochure that had the LION insignia. "With me as Jay's mentor, he'll learn to refine his abilities and combat foes in a creative manner and protect himself from superhuman or mundane threats. Now, we can work things out a bit more, but that's the gist of it, so what do you say?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Okay. Come in sir."

Nemo bowed as he walked in, then shook Nathan's hand. "Fine kid you got here Mr. Chadan, your son just saved this city from a murderous meta human threat all on his own. My name is Nathan Nemo, and I found this out after finishing a mission for LION, and our organization has taken an interest in your son and his potential. I'm Agent Nemo and what I'm offering Jay is a mentor ship plan. I'll provide him with gear, information and training tools. You and your wife will also receive a monthly stipend for this until Jay turns eighteen, at which he can choose to go freelance like the Chase Family or maintain a working relationship as we sponsor him."

He'd stop, then teleport a brochure that had the LION insignia. "With me as Jay's mentor, he'll learn to refine his abilities and combat foes in a creative manner and protect himself from superhuman or mundane threats. Now, we can work things out a bit more, but that's the gist of it, so what do you say?"

"This is a lot to take in Nemo. You understand that I will need to discuss this with my wife and my son of course?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Okay. Come in sir."

"This is a lot to take in Nemo. You understand that I will need to discuss this with my wife and my son of course?"

While they were talking, Jay ran upstairs, changed out of his costume, threw on a T-shirt and comfortable pants and tried to run back downstairs, but he heard his stomach growing loudly and stopped halfway, feeling drained. "Ohhh man, long day."
"Hey dad?"
Nathan and Nemo looked up to see Jay standing at the stairs. "Do we have any more chimichangas? Tacos? Both?" He asked the last one very hopefully.
"At least three tacos and five Chimis, why?"
"Hyper-accelerated metabolism."
"Oh. Right. Yeah, I can heat them up for you if you want."
"Nah, I've got it. Thanks though. Nemo, dad, you want sodas?"
"Diet Pepsi for me. Anything for you Nemo?" Nathan asked.

more_horiz
"Water, just water" Nemo would tell Jay, turning back to Nathan.

"For example we'd have a special diet calculated for Jay and money allotted so that you abd your wife don't go broke trying to feed him. To an extent I know what it's like to live with a child who's got a...advanced appetite. In addition to that, you abd your wife get first say in what I provide your son with to arm himself, among other things. Do we have a deal?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:

"For example we'd have a special diet calculated for Jay and money allotted so that you abd your wife don't go broke trying to feed him. To an extent I know what it's like to live with a child who's got a...advanced appetite. In addition to that, you abd your wife get first say in what I provide your son with to arm himself, among other things. Do we have a deal?"

"This sounds like a very good deal Nemo, but I will need to discuss it with my wife to make sure we're both on board with it. I'm sure you understand."

more_horiz

The Chadan Family

Nathan Chadan Playwright

Abigail Chadan Mathematician

Jay Chadan Superhero

Cool 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"This sounds like a very good deal Nemo, but I will need to discuss it with my wife to make sure we're both on board with it. I'm sure you understand."
Nemo smiled and nodded at Arthur.

"Of course Mr. Chadan, that's completely fine. Your wife is Abigail right? Mathematician?" He asked, trying to make small talk

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Of course Mr. Chadan, that's completely fine. Your wife is Abigail right? Mathematician?" He asked, trying to make small talk

"Yep. She's a genius. You should see the chalkboard in her study." He laughed.

"I can ask her. Just let me refuel and I'll go find mom." Jay offered and heated up the food.

"We have cell phones Jay."

"I know."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"I can ask her. Just let me refuel and I'll go find mom." Jay offered and heated up the food.

"I know."
Nemo laughed at Jay's enthusiasm and turned to Nathan. "The enthusiasm to use powers is natural in newly spawned meta humans. I teleported for like three hours straight when I got my powers" he'd say to reassure Jay's father.

"And yes uh, could I see those charts? I'm interested in mathematics"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"I know."

Nemo laughed at Jay's enthusiasm and turned to Nathan. "The enthusiasm to use powers is natural in newly spawned meta humans. I teleported for like three hours straight when I got my powers" he'd say to reassure Jay's father.

"And yes uh, could I see those charts? I'm interested in mathematics"

"Alright, just be sure to brace yourself. That room can be a bit crazy."

The trio ate and Jay quickly scarfed down a large amount of food to refuel himself.

After eating, they split up. Jay elected to go find his mom and visit Eliza to double check on her while Nathan showed Nemo around the house.

Jay zipped out the door.

Seconds later, he was knocking on Eliza's door.

more_horiz

"So check this out." Nathan said and unlocked the door to the study and turned on the light. The first thing Nemo noticed aside from all of the papers and string theory was the chalkboards.

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/33/70/60/mathematics_00337060.jpg
http://blog.littlebigfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chalkboard-tags-equation-theorem-math-image-resolution-x-2768651.png
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/04/58/mathematics-chalkboards_00310458.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/156/2/4/math_formulas___ps_brush_set_by_soulrebel83-d15vjl7.jpg

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

"So check this out." Nathan said and unlocked the door to the study and turned on the light. The first thing Nemo noticed aside from all of the papers and string theory was the chalkboards.

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/33/70/60/mathematics_00337060.jpg
http://blog.littlebigfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chalkboard-tags-equation-theorem-math-image-resolution-x-2768651.png
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/04/58/mathematics-chalkboards_00310458.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/156/2/4/math_formulas___ps_brush_set_by_soulrebel83-d15vjl7.jpg

Nemo removed his shades and leaned over to look at everything.

"You have every right to be proud of your wife, this is... I have former colleagues who couldn't even pull this off. This is impressive on all respects, I have to meet this woman" he'd say, turning to face Nathan.

The door slowly creaked open and Eliza appeared from behind it, obviously shaken up. She tried not to show it, but the trembling as she stood there betrayed any sense of composure she wanted to show.

"He ...hey"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply