ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Casual Discussions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+2
Admin
Legato
6 posters

descriptionCasual Discussions - Page 12 EmptyRe: Casual Discussions

more_horiz
Heh. Funny notes:

In the Japanese horror (And American Remake) Pulse has a answer as well.

In that story. Electricity IS GHOSTS.

Yes, imagine that, your computer, your light bulb, your cellular phone, has a GHOST in it! And IT WANTS OUT.

Another note: Japanese ghosts. (Like the Ring and Grudge.) can be "KILLED." Find the person's body and destroy it. Burning is best.

Cause in that culture, the restless spirit needs it's body to "sleep." Before it wakes up and kills again.

Yeah, I studied a lot of occult, horror, and folk lore in my youth. Aside science. So I am a psuedo Van Hellsing to a degree.

Also did you know Satan is not Lucifer? But just a title? Yeah, Lucifer was the original, due to him having the stupidity and balls to fight God. Afterwards though in his defeat and the formation of hell, his spirit got broke. he is there in hell, a brokken wreck crying himself away. (Dante's inferno reference.)

But yeah, supposedly the "Current" Satan is named Asmodeus. And the irony is he was "nice" To King Solomon.

The truth?

Asmodeus, is HALF Devil and HALF HUMAN. (Going by Judaism anyway.)

Who is his daddy?

KING ****ING DAVID! (Yes, the guy who killed Goliath and became King of Jerusalem.)

One of his lovers was.. Lucifer's "DAUGHTER."

That's one reason the poor bastard suffered so horribly as he was dying, in the last days.

more_horiz
Toonami is on! Very Happy

more_horiz
Notice: I was thinking of doing two rpgs. Which ever one it is, will be the last one on this site.

1: Angel Blade (IT IS IN SUNSHINE. I am willing to help you guys make your own characters and stuff.) Because I have done two versions of it as a rpg.

One version is like a Cleric game.

The other is 'my" style.

2: Conquest: Warrior Kings: This one, I need help, cause I cannot make maps and stuff on line. (World or battle.) My main worry is it's player vs player mostly.

Also it's the most complex RPG I have ever done, in my life. Why? it was my FIRST, and it took a YEAR to do! (Lack of computer, help, and i managed to find spare paper, pens and crayons. To make CARDS.)

Plot: In a fantasy, fictional world. All is not well. There are two ways to win: Win all the lands (30) On the map. The other, is to "Survive" for the time turn limit. (Making your own legit country.) Only condition to win that, is you have to have a "dynasty." Starting with your first ruler, the next kid, and the next.

Only 4 stats. (Max is 10 pts.)

War: Warrior stat. Attack, defense, speed and hp.
Int: Access some special policy deals. Increases rate of tactics and strategy working.
Pol: policy, the higher it is, more powerful kingdom orders are. (Makes things really cheaper, better results, and some cases, lots of more cash.)
Cha: NPCs like you better, officer creation is cheaper, and your peasants are more likely to love you.

Why is it so complex? It's army vs army battles. Also, has the biggest item list I have ever done (Over 100 weapons!) You can have huge armies to boot, tactics, strategy. Also magic spells and kung fu moves.

All name brand characters can become army destroying people of mass destruction. Also, you have to manage your country. And has random events.

Also at character creation there is a list of merits/flaws to make person seemingly unique.

And the armies have units that have special stuff.

I just hope when i'm famous, people will play this, maybe as a computer/console game or something. It took a lot of work.

more_horiz
Chou Blaster wrote:
Notice: I was thinking of doing two rpgs. Which ever one it is, will be the last one on this site.

1: Angel Blade (IT IS IN SUNSHINE. I am willing to help you guys make your own characters and stuff.) Because I have done two versions of it as a rpg.

One version is like a Cleric game.

The other is 'my" style.

2: Conquest: Warrior Kings: This one, I need help, cause I cannot make maps and stuff on line. (World or battle.) My main worry is it's player vs player mostly.

Also it's the most complex RPG I have ever done, in my life. Why? it was my FIRST, and it took a YEAR to do! (Lack of computer, help, and i managed to find spare paper, pens and crayons. To make CARDS.)

Plot: In a fantasy, fictional world. All is not well. There are two ways to win: Win all the lands (30) On the map. The other, is to "Survive" for the time turn limit. (Making your own legit country.) Only condition to win that, is you have to have a "dynasty." Starting with your first ruler, the next kid, and the next.

Only 4 stats. (Max is 10 pts.)

War: Warrior stat. Attack, defense, speed and hp.
Int: Access some special policy deals. Increases rate of tactics and strategy working.
Pol: policy, the higher it is, more powerful kingdom orders are. (Makes things really cheaper, better results, and some cases, lots of more cash.)
Cha: NPCs like you better, officer creation is cheaper, and your peasants are more likely to love you.

Why is it so complex? It's army vs army battles. Also, has the biggest item list I have ever done (Over 100 weapons!) You can have huge armies to boot, tactics, strategy. Also magic spells and kung fu moves.

All name brand characters can become army destroying people of mass destruction. Also, you have to manage your country. And has random events.

Also at character creation there is a list of merits/flaws to make person seemingly unique.

And the armies have units that have special stuff.

I just hope when i'm famous, people will play this, maybe as a computer/console game or something. It took a lot of work.

You have some good ideas man. I can see them as fun tabletop games.

more_horiz
I got like 30 of them or so. 9 I keep myself busy, on purpose for if I get my big break, there is a lot of material to go from there.)

more_horiz
Chou Blaster wrote:
I got like 30 of them or so. 9 I keep myself busy, on purpose for if I get my big break, there is a lot of material to go from there.)

I say if you're really serious then get one of your ideas that you think will make a profit then see it gets published. Or more Smile

more_horiz
$$$

Also, have you guys seen Spoony's counter monkey videos?

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
$$$

I've seen bits and pieces. I usually watch his film reviews as he's one of the few fan critics that tells it straight. Sure some of it can be harsh, check out his Mass Effect 3 review for example, but that's the way he is. A unapologetic reviewer.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
$$$

I've seen bits and pieces. I usually watch his film reviews as he's one of the few fan critics that tells it straight. Sure some of it can be harsh, check out his Mass Effect 3 review for example, but that's the way he is. A unapologetic reviewer.

I haven't played the mass effect games, but I'll check out the review anyway, Spoony's pretty awesome.

Check out Tandem's Last Ride.
Dude.....Bard vs Monk.

more_horiz
I love the Spoony Experiment, especially him riffing stuff on video.

And the "Warrior" comic review was awesomely funny too.

more_horiz
Chou Blaster wrote:
I love the Spoony Experiment, especially him riffing stuff on video.

And the "Warrior" comic review was awesomely funny too.

That and any of his Reb Brown reviews are among my personal favorites.

more_horiz
Thinking about it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSwe3bcYyU
Has anyone ever noticed that the Mystic Force Suits look closest to what one would consider usual comic book superhero costumes?

more_horiz
Rebruary's Back!!!

I dare say the Sasquatch is a F'N badass.

Spoiler :

more_horiz
Posted an update on the Doomsday fight.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Check out the new Spoony review and a story I've posted in Humble Beginnings first Smile

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

Check out the new Spoony review and a story I've posted in Humble Beginnings first Smile

Agent Song right? I'm on it.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agent Song right? I'm on it.

Don't forget about the Spoony review also.

more_horiz
For the Gargoyles fans who'd like to rewatch the shows. Here ya go

http://video.disney.com/shows/gargoyles-4ba34a5545c1259e961b9666

And you're welcome. Smile

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
For the Gargoyles fans who'd like to rewatch the shows. Here ya go

http://video.disney.com/shows/gargoyles-4ba34a5545c1259e961b9666

And you're welcome. Smile

That reminds me, NoF is on the tube. Very Happy
It is glorious. Smile

more_horiz
Made a pretty good point.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarknessInducedAudienceApathy

Brought up in Marvel and DC: After Hours by the Green Goblin, in which he states that The Joker's plan to make all the superheroes Darker and Edgier Nineties Antiheroes is just plain stupid since without Lighter and Softer heroes for contrast, not only will comics get boring since all the heroes are the same, comics will just get so depressing that the audience might as well just kill themselves

Outside of the whole killing themselves part if you make a hero too dark that he/she ends up being no better than the villains the said hero is after then it just makes you not care about said hero. Which is what some comic writers fail to realize when trying to make a superhero "dark".

Now I don't mind a anti-hero or a dark story but only if theres a point and only if theres something to contrast it. Take Watchmen for example. It is a dark take on the superhero genre and the superheroes are written as pretty flawed people yet they are written in a sympathetic manner that makes you want to cheer for them and feel sorry for them.

Also you know why Daredevil and Punisher have such a dynamic? It's due to their different ideologies in how to handle the bad guys. Same goes with the relationship with Superman/Batman. In some cases having a lighter superhero can help bring out the best in a dark superhero

more_horiz
Speaking of dark....

MOVIE TIME! Very Happy

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Rebruary's Back!!!

Spoiler :

Incase this was missed Smile

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Legato wrote:
Rebruary's Back!!!

Spoiler :

Incase this was missed Smile

Getting ready to watch it now. Very Happy

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Rebruary's Back!!!

Spoiler :

Yeah, it was THAT BAD.

Seriously, it was such a awful movie it made me cringe, with disgust, not fear.

more_horiz
Chou Blaster wrote:
Legato wrote:
Rebruary's Back!!!

Spoiler :

Yeah, it was THAT BAD.

Seriously, it was such a awful movie it made me cringe, with disgust, not fear.

Seriously how the hell could you screw up the concept that involves Reb Brown fighting a Sasquatch? It's like building up Superman vs Doomsday but instead of Superman you have Lois Lane fight Doomsday instead. If the movie had ended with Reb Brown preparing to have a Last Stand against a group of Sasquatches then that would have been one of the few saving graces of that movie.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply