ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Casual Discussions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+2
Admin
Legato
6 posters

descriptionCasual Discussions - Page 36 EmptyRe: Casual Discussions

more_horiz
As mentioned. If I were to upgrade The Skrulls they'd resemble something like these aliens.

Humans is one thing. Just imagine what they could do with Superheroes

more_horiz

Pretty much my thoughts. Interesting concept, poor execution

more_horiz
and to being home the gold this is how you will share you games on the PS4

see now isn't that easy no complicated DRM nonsense.

more_horiz
The new ep has arrived!!!

more_horiz
feel bad for Microsoft  first the pissed off their fans , Ambushed Nintendo's E3 event and Gaming stores are against them.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
feel bad for Microsoft  first the pissed off their fans , Ambushed Nintendo's E3 event and Gaming stores are against them.

I heard things aren't going well on Sony's end either.

more_horiz

And they were weaker than RADITZ at the time!Shocked

more_horiz
Aquan had to ask Questar how to eat with utensils, as his life as a barbarian in the Lemuriab gladiator pits meant he only ate with his bare hands

The first few lessons were very uneventful >_>

After the tenth, Questar was proud to see him not stabbing his food with a fork

Aquan's long hair has caused much gender confusion on the surface world

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Aquan had to ask Questar how to eat with utensils, as his life as a barbarian in the Lemuriab gladiator pits meant he only ate with his bare hands

Oh man I can imagine Questar providing one heck of a death glare to bloaks who starts eyeing Aquan. He's about as protective to him as he is to Lascia

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Oh man I can imagine Questar providing one heck of a death glare to bloaks who starts eyeing Aquan. He's about as protective to him as he is to Lascia
pretty much

Aquan wondered why Questar was staring down some dude who looked at Aquan

When he told him, Aquan wanted to join him in the thrashing

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Legato wrote:
Froggy wrote:

pretty much

Aquan wondered why Questar was staring down some dude who looked at Aquan

When he told him, Aquan wanted to join him in the thrashing

As much as he'd like to Questar decided to restrain himself then assure Aquan that he isn't worth it

more_horiz
It was quite the scene

Questar is quite proud now that Aquan uses utensils though that's for sure

more_horiz
at E3 Sony beat Microsoft because of their policies,  people complain about having to pay for online multiplayer like Xbox Live.  they  was also problem with two games freezing at the show.  but Sony's biggest problem is with the Vita it's pretty much dead and the showing for it was pretty much a bomb at E3 

Sony is pretty much in with the Indie developers.

more_horiz
Makes one feel kinda bad for Nintendo. Sony and X-Box, regardless of the controversy between the two, are the most talked about gaming consoles.

more_horiz
Avengers Arena

You know. I cant even rage at this. I'd love to and there were moments I have but looking at it right now...eh.

On paper I get what it was trying to be. Some would say it's ripping off of Battle Royal or Hunger Games, which is ironic as I sometimes felt that Battle Royal and Hunger Games is a combination of Stephen King's The Long Walk and The Running Man(I prefer the Schwarzenegger version). The Last Angry Geek even pointed out that there were some similarities of Lost. I hope to God it doesn't end like the ending of Lost, which just made me glad I never followed the show.

To me Avengers Arena reminds me of...This.

Casual Discussions - Page 36 O_secr10

Summoned to some unknown location to compete in a possible life or death contest. In which the host of the game watches the event. What made this different than Secret Wars was that Secret Wars ended up becoming one of the most infamous story arcs in comics which influenced many storylines inspired by the idea. Avengers Arena became infamous but for a completely different reason. Some have went as far as to call it the Ultimatum of 616 Marvel. To be fair with Avengers Arena. I think there was potential.

Ok Arcade started out as a joke villain and Marvel wanted him to become a serious threat again. I can respect that. What makes me iffy is the way they went about it. I wouldn't mind Arcade taking a level in badass but I'd like to see a more gradual approach and when he does become menacing the results would have been much better than what is shown. I don't mind some darkest hour moments with the teen heroes but a part of me feels that this made them look pretty bad. Here you have what was a joke character is now capable of killing off half of the cast? With no build up to make this look ok?

Good examples of a joke characters becoming a serious threat are Mr.Myxlplyx, Alan Moore took that character and actually made him pretty scary. The Monarch and Dr.Girlfriend from Venture Brothers, they went from laughable to someone that came pretty close to killing Brock Samson. What made them work was that there was a build. If they had The Monarch started out as a joke character in one ep and ended up being a threat the next then no matter what explanation they give it still just wouldn't make sense and having The Monarch effortlessly beat Brock Samson the next episode, just before Brock was curbstomping him in a previous one, would just look silly.

Also while I want Arcade to be a threat I don't want him to be some Joker type of character who kills people for the lulz. He should be developed into a complex mastermind. The way they're handling him now is just one of those" seen it before" type of villains. Do something refreshing with him.

As far as the students go while I agree there should be some trials that they need to overcome don't make it completely one sided.

That and when one has to tell a story don't risk alienating the audience by reducing it into a shock valued mess. Make it enjoyable enough to where people will look back at it fondly for years to come.

So I think there was potential in a decent story with this, somehow it got lost in the shuffle.

more_horiz
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/08/11/ultima-9-ascension-finale-uncut/

The last time I've felt that angry was Cry For Justice

more_horiz

more_horiz
Admin check the Prime & Quantum Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Guys, go see Man of Steel, it's freaking awesomely EPIC!

EPIC I tells you!!

more_horiz
Speaking of reviews. Posted one concerning a famous cliche in films

http://619legato8.blogspot.com/2013/06/disney-deathspart-one-of-death-trilogy.html

more_horiz
Yeah it's Epic, Epic Action!!!!

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Speaking of reviews. Posted one concerning a famous cliche in films

http://619legato8.blogspot.com/2013/06/disney-deathspart-one-of-death-trilogy.html

Commented!

more_horiz
I just want to say I saw man of Steel the day it came out and it was awesome.

more_horiz

I think I have a crazy idea or two for Man Of Steel 2.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

I think I have a crazy idea or two for Man Of Steel 2.
All for crazy ideas

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply