ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

NuCAU: The Halworth Institute

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionNuCAU: The Halworth Institute - Page 10 EmptyRe: NuCAU: The Halworth Institute

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Later....

"Say, did I tell you guys I have rock powers now?" Penelope asked Vindalee as they were sitting outside.
"concrete right?" Maggie asked. I remember seeing you up against her. So when you absorb a power it's permanent, right?

descriptionNuCAU: The Halworth Institute - Page 10 EmptyRe: NuCAU: The Halworth Institute

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Later....

"Say, did I tell you guys I have rock powers now?" Penelope asked Vindalee as they were sitting outside.

"concrete right?" Maggie asked. I remember seeing you up against her. So when you absorb a power it's permanent, right?

"So far, yeah."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Later....

"So far, yeah."
"so, theoretically you could pull off an assemblage like you did at the island correct? Any powers not working well in your system?" Maggie would ask

Psyche would speak telepathically with Siphon. Alex's power is not causing you any trouble is it ?

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Later....

"So far, yeah."

"so, theoretically you could pull off an assemblage like you did at the island correct? Any powers not working well in your system?" Maggie would ask

Psyche would speak telepathically with Siphon. Alex's power is not causing you any trouble is it ?

"Naaah, I havent had any problems so far, so yeah, I could totally pull off super combos with my powers." Penelope gave a thumb's up.

(Woah, that you Psyche? Hey, yeah, no problems. I used just the tiniest bit of it at the island at it was one hell of a rush.)

more_horiz
"Interesting, love to talk about this more when you've settled in"

(Yes it was me. As a psi, I can identify familiar brainwaves like yours. I was merely checking if you were okay)

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:

(Yes it was me. As a psi, I can identify familiar brainwaves like yours. I was merely checking if you were okay)

"Can do."

(Fine? I'm on Cloud 9 right now! Taking down a monster like Apex is one thing but we beat freaking ATOMIX!)

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Can do."

(Fine? I'm on Cloud 9 right now! Taking down a monster like Apex is one thing but we beat freaking ATOMIX!)

(No, I mean it's great you beat Atomix but are there any lingering side effects from absorbing Apex's power? a monstrosity like that is not something to go unchecked) Psyche would tell Penelope. Even though he couldn't SEE her, she could see his expression was very serious

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Can do."

(No, I mean it's great you beat Atomix but are there any lingering side effects from absorbing Apex's power? a monstrosity like that is not something to go unchecked) Psyche would tell Penelope. Even though he couldn't SEE her, she could see his expression was very serious

"Mmmm, no...at least not so far." Penelope thought about it. "Say...you guys know a lot about meta's right? What kind of power is hers? I've never read about transformations like what she did."

more_horiz
Adrian could hear mad laughing from the science labs. Peeking inside, he could see Zack tinkering with a pile of machinery, watches, tools and old computers he had taken apart. He glanced up. "Adrian! Hey there man!"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Can do."

"Mmmm, no...at least not so far." Penelope thought about it. "Say...you guys know a lot about meta's right? What kind of power is hers? I've never read about transformations like what she did."
Psyche looked to Maggie as the two spoke. Maggie relayed images from her brain to Psyche. "Transformations like what Apex experienced are a sort of psy-turned matter manifestation of the meta's personality. Apex was a predator who deemed everyone around beneath her, and felt she was a superior being, thus manifesting as a monster that would be considered well, the Apex of monsters. To simplify it, how the person views themselves is how their power would manifest. I hope that makes sense Penelope" Maggie would tell her as Psyche showed the images

"I'm concerned that the bitch's powers would have some sort of side effect as, well KNOWING you the way I do, you're not like her at all" psyche would say

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Adrian could hear mad laughing from the science labs. Peeking inside, he could see Zack tinkering with a pile of machinery, watches, tools and old computers he had taken apart. He glanced up. "Adrian! Hey there man!"
"What are you doing NOW Zack? Is this where the old computers went? Is that Maggie's watch I got her?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
"What are you doing NOW Zack? Is this where the old computers went? Is that Maggie's watch I got her?"

"Ahhh, yes and yes. Yes these are the old computers and yes this is the watch. She gave it to me in case I needed extra materials. I promised to replace anything I used. What I'm doing now is something I have been working on for weeks now. As you know, I'm fragile. I'm the idea guy. I don't get out in the thick of it and mix it up. But with this, I can not only do that, but I can also.." He injected himself with a microchip. "Ow. That's gonna linger for awhile. I can carry my armor with me, freeze time, and tell time and more and it's all on my wrist." Zack smiled. He took a few steps back and raised his arm. The new Chronos-Watch on thee table shook for a few seconds before flying across the room and wrapping itself around his wrist.
http://karltate.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/MinorityReport_watch01.jpg
"The best part? It's water proof! Now, Adrian, pull up a seat because you are about to witness history." Zack pressed two fingers against a button. "CLOCK IN!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjbMVXj0F8
A brilliant light shined out of the watch and it quickly covered Zack's whole body. It wrapped around him and began fading, revealing a shining silver armor was now covering him from head to toe. There were spinning clocks on both armored wrists, rocket boosters beneath his boots, a glowing hourglass on his chest, a bright blue visor for his eyes, a silver mouth-guard, a shining chrome head, a gold belt and armored gauntlets for hands. The visor glowed as he looked at Adrian. "Ohhhhhh yeeeah! Is this cool or what?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
"Ahhh, yes and yes. Yes these are the old computers and yes this is the watch. She gave it to me in case I needed extra materials. I promised to replace anything I used. What I'm doing now is something I have been working on for weeks now. As you know, I'm fragile. I'm the idea guy. I don't get out in the thick of it and mix it up. But with this, I can not only do that, but I can also.." He injected himself with a microchip. "Ow. That's gonna linger for awhile. I can carry my armor with me, freeze time, and tell time and more and it's all on my wrist." Zack smiled. He took a few steps back and raised his arm. The new Chronos-Watch on thee table shook for a few seconds before flying across the room and wrapping itself around his wrist.
"The best part? It's water proof! Now, Adrian, pull up a seat because you are about to witness history." Zack pressed two fingers against a button. "CLOCK IN!"
A brilliant light shined out of the watch and it quickly covered Zack's whole body. It wrapped around him and began fading, revealing a shining silver armor was now covering him from head to toe. There were spinning clocks on both armored wrists, rocket boosters beneath his boots, a glowing hourglass on his chest, a bright blue visor for his eyes, a silver mouth-guard, a shining chrome head, a gold belt and armored gauntlets for hands. The visor glowed as he looked at Adrian. "Ohhhhhh yeeeah! Is this cool or what?"
Adrian was not easily impressed. Growing up with a father who was a forerunner to modern day superheroics, he had seen a LOT of things

However, a cybernetic suit that could manipulate time on a localized level was really damn cool, and he let Zack know. "I'll admit Zack, this IS cool. Father was right though, you are a genius if you did this with pure junk and no other resources. The watch is a part of you now?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Adrian was not easily impressed. Growing up with a father who was a forerunner to modern day superheroics, he had seen a LOT of things

However, a cybernetic suit that could manipulate time on a localized level was really damn cool, and he let Zack know. "I'll admit Zack, this IS cool. Father was right though, you are a genius if you did this with pure junk and no other resources. The watch is a part of you now?"

"More or less. It's coded to only work for me by recognizing my DNA."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

Adrian would zip right over, examining the watch. "Hmmm, this is very intricate and interesting that you pulled this off on a test run. Father was right, you really ARE that smart" Adrian would tell Zack. Zack, having known Adrian for a while, knew the guy was not one to give out compliments all that often. Magdalena/Maggie had told him as much when he first moved in here, so to hear Adrian say something remotely kind was a rare opportunity

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

Adrian would zip right over, examining the watch. "Hmmm, this is very intricate and interesting that you pulled this off on a test run. Father was right, you really ARE that smart" Adrian would tell Zack. Zack, having known Adrian for a while, knew the guy was not one to give out compliments all that often. Magdalena/Maggie had told him as much when he first moved in here, so to hear Adrian say something remotely kind was a rare opportunity

"Thanks Adrian, that means a lot man. Alright stand back, I'm gonna try out the freeze function."

more_horiz
Adrian zipped back, eager to see the freeze function Zack spoke of in action

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:

Zack held out his arms out to his sides. "TIME OUT!" He called out. A blue light surrounded the suit and spread out in every direction. "Hmmm....is that it? The suit says that time's stopped but it's hard to tell. What do you think Adrian? Adrian?" Zack looked up. "Oh....whooops." Adrian was frozen in time. Zack walked over and waved his hands in his face. Nothing. Zack snapped his fingers. Nope. "Ha. Well how about that?" Zack shook his head and walked out of the room and walked around the Academy. Looking at all the frozen staff and students. He saw fire from Ash frozen in mid-air. Ophelia arm wrestling Seraph. Mariah throwing a pillow at Derrick. Teddy giving Dude a noogie. Smiling at their antics, Zack walked outside and saw Penelope and the others frozen as well, with Penelope and the tattoo girl standing on a rock that was floating in mid-air. Walking back inside, he paused as he heard a beeping noise. "Huh? Oooh, right, power drain." And with that, the freeze function wore off and now he was low on power, feeling awkward, in a suit of armor and standing in front of Marnie. "Oh, hey Miss Montgomery....like the suit?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Zack held out his arms out to his sides. "TIME OUT!" He called out. A blue light surrounded the suit and spread out in every direction. "Hmmm....is that it? The suit says that time's stopped but it's hard to tell. What do you think Adrian? Adrian?" Zack looked up. "Oh....whooops." Adrian was frozen in time. Zack walked over and waved his hands in his face. Nothing. Zack snapped his fingers. Nope. "Ha. Well how about that?" Zack shook his head and walked out of the room and walked around the Academy. Looking at all the frozen staff and students. He saw fire from Ash frozen in mid-air. Ophelia arm wrestling Seraph. Mariah throwing a pillow at Derrick. Teddy giving Dude a noogie. Smiling at their antics, Zack walked outside and saw Penelope and the others frozen as well, with Penelope and the tattoo girl standing on a rock that was floating in mid-air. Walking back inside, he paused as he heard a beeping noise. "Huh? Oooh, right, power drain." And with that, the freeze function wore off and now he was low on power, feeling awkward, in a suit of armor and standing in front of Marnie. "Oh, hey Miss Montgomery....like the suit?"
"Hey Clock dude where'd you come froURK!" Derrick said, as Mariah's super strength enhanced pillow sent him flying into Teddy

Maggie took note of the machinery, realizing it was probably Zach tampering again, while Adrian zipped out of the room to find Zach right in front of Marnie

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
"Hello Penelope." Marnie said as the helmet shifted into the rest of the suit and Marnie's face is revealed

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Battle-suit-for-fun-268107066

"Tell the class to gather around, I have an announcement to make" She said

more_horiz
OT: First of all, puppies.

Second, it was Zack Tempus wearing armor. He's been testing out his first Chrono Suit. Although I wouldn't doubt that Marnie has a super suit of her own.
Penelope is outside with Vindalee and them, I can bring them inside if you'd like.Smile

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
OT: First of all, puppies.

Second, it was Zack Tempus wearing armor. He's been testing out his first Chrono Suit. Although I wouldn't doubt that Marnie has a super suit of her own.
Penelope is outside with Vindalee and them, I can bring them inside if you'd like.Smile
OT: Yeah got a little confused with the post. I thought that was directed at Marnie Embarassed  Could have it that she was using the suit to test it out before she met Penelope and the others. And sure!!!

more_horiz
The rest of the class rushes inside as Justice crew leaves. Psyche, Burst and Bruiser stand in the back of the class, Vindalee next to Penelope

more_horiz
Justice ran home carrying Derrick, racing Mariah when a red blur zipped past them. Shocked 
He slowed to a stop and turned around. "..Did anybody else see what just happened?" He asked. He looked up. "....Oh. No way." Mariah and Derrick looked up too.
Astroman was hovering over them.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply